cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with LG Rumor Reflex

Journeyman

Re: Problems with LG Rumor Reflex

From the other problem thread

Why I spoke too soon.  I had the phone shut down and charging this evening.  At 10:58 CDT the charging was done, I removed the connection and powered the phone on.  So far, 3 reboots followed after the phone came on.  Was I doing anything with it?  Why no, it was sitting on the coffee tabele and don't you know the 5th! reboot is underway as I type.

SPRINT/LG apparently is not interested in fixing this problem.  I suppose they are hoping it will just go away.

And here goes reboot #6.

Reboot 7 just occurred.

Journeyman

Add me to the list of people taht no longer trust Sprint because of this.  Mine started the whole reboot nonsense the other day.  Went to the local store, and they claimed they've never seen this issue, nor have had Sprint inform them of it.   Instead of giving me a different model, they ordered a replacement of the same one....we'll see how it goes!

Journeyman

I suffered through a total of 12 reboots in a 30 min period, shut off the phone, then powered it back up about a half hour later.  I found several emails showing up on my Gmail account, on the phone only I might add, NOT on my Gmail account, which was up on my PC at the same time.  There was absolutely no information other than a time stamp.  Clicking on them I got IDS_101_TXT.  I tried deleting them, but got an unknown error message saying I should check my settings.  I looked at the settings, and then checked advance settings and discovered a refresh account option.  Did that and the emails are gone.  Phone is working normally for now.

Do I think SPRINT is on the ball about this problem?  Nope, not a bit.

Journeyman

I got my phone in May and am having same issues. The darn thing keeps re booting, and does the same non sense

Journeyman

If you have email accounts on your phone, try deleting and reinstalling.  I didn't bring back my Yahoo account and I still don't know what happened in early July.  So far so good for me.  I notice SPRINT techs are nowhere to be seen to offer any advice in this thread or the other.

Master

I've posted a data collection effort for the device manager of the LG Rumor Reflex here.

Highlighted
Journeyman

They should let everyone who has this piece of garbage swap it out for a different phone. Paying Hundreds of dollars a month for something that doesnt work is not only insane, its pure theft on sprints part.

Journeyman

So when the phone is plugged in to charge, every hour it flashes to tell you it's charged waking me up throughout the night.

There is no easy way to upload a photo from the crappy camera to facebook

The phone freezes on me constantly/daily

Sprint finally sent me an Airvana to "boost" the signal in my house, well the bars are now full but when you talk to someone there's an overtaking clicking sound as if you're driving on a motorcycle through a tunnel.

I was going to break my contract but won't give Sprint the satisfaction of paying them $200 per phone (mine and my wife's)

Right now Sprint is taking anyone with this POS for a ride and our options are limited because there are NOT that many phones out there that work on our old plans, they are trying to squeeze us out plain and simple.

I pay $80/month for unlimited minutes/texts/data this is why they are doing this, they want me to kill my plan.....................

Journeyman

Short answer: Sprint is missing the point, trying to milk their customer with small fees rather than listen to the problems we have with lousy phone quality

My Story:  LG Rumor Reflex purchased 09/03, six weeks later it keeps rebooting, the only way to stop it is to remove the battery.

Sprint stores tell us is it because we loaded too many pictures without a memory card! They want to charge 35$ to look at it. They finally agree to waive the fee if they do not have to change parts on it. Two hours later, they were unable to fix it. My options: pay 35$  to get it exchanged, but it will take 5 days in the store downtown San Francisco , or send it to LG for warranty repair (3 to 4 weeks).

In the mean time, I am still looking for a way to reset the phone, as this definitely looks like a firmware issue, not hardware.

I have been a customer with Sprint for 10 years but am ready to leave them:

- They stuff our bills with on-going new charges, 10$ here, 20$ there

- They want to force me out of my contract to have everyone on a data plan even if I am the only one using data.

- They have 4G Wimax coverage but do not want to sell me a Wimax phone. Instead they try to push me to a 4G LTE phone, but can't tell me when they will have coverage in Northern California (2013, 2014?).

I am afraid they are slowly but surely going to bankruptcy. They remind me of my old bank (Great Western, their tag line was "we'll always be there for you!!)  Then came Washington Mutual, attention to customers went down, and now they're gone. 

Journeyman

Another bad Reflex...had the phone 4 months total with no abuse to it..and it got stuck in power cycling mode..had to be replaced. This phone blows.

Journeyman

I bought a Rumor Reflex that costantly dropped calls. I brought it in for repair and was told it failed the 3 tests they had given it. I got a replacement phone.  The microphone in the new phone malfunctioned after 1 week and  the new phone had to be repaired. It needed a new face plate.  It CONSTANTLY drops calls. It's a terrible phone. Sprint has given me TERRIBLE  customer service.

Journeyman

This has been going on since May 2012 and absolutely nothing from Sprint aside from a request for details on the problem.  Nothing after that.  One would think at some point we would at least be told what the potential problem source is.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat