cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with LG Rumor Reflex

36 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Problems with LG Rumor Reflex

My rumor reflex was stuck in a boot loop, after having it just over a year. I was told there was no way to salvage my data and that I would have to pay $50 for a replacement. I was also encouraged to pay for insurance on this "replacement"-which I have done, only to find it utterly useless, as there are NO "comparable" phones offered by Sprint. I get the replacement, and not even a week later my screen is locking up 5 or 6 times a day requiring me to remove the battery and re-start the device to get any functionality. This is absurd, and I will be switching to another servicer if this is not resolved. Why design, what is clearly, a DISPOSABLE phone? I've had 20$ pre-pay phones operate more reliably than this POS. The Sprint representative I worked with did not even give me the courtesy of allowing me to keep my old phone-which I would have liked to have for the sole purpose of throwing it at the wall every time my "New" Rumor Reflex locks up. Since day 1 this phone has been the bane of my existence. I feel absolutely cheated by your company.

Oh and I love that I HAD to purchase a data plan to use the unlimited picturemail that was included in my plan, because this POS phone uses data to do that! What a con.

Journeyman

I have just found out my phone which is less than a year old and is going thru constant reboot will now cost me $50.00 for a new one. I have been a Sprint customer for over 15 years-- makes no difference..   POS equipment

Journeyman

This phone is starting to act useless.

Just last week, I had updated to the 2/13 firmware update for LG Rumor Reflex and now my Sprint Music Plus application calls all my music on the SD card "unreadable" and "lost" so it refuses to attempt to read any other SD card I put in with music and doesn't play any songs at all.

I don't know why I had to update to this firmware revision because now it's making me hate the phone even more.

Journeyman

I have been seeing a lot of posts lately here about this garbage phone...  Even Techbargains.com calls this phone a "smartphone" which we all know it is not.  I have had the same plan with sprint for over 10 years, and have had same contract/phone number for over 17 years since the first Sony earpiece slider phone.  I know what I am talking about when I say this.  Sprint is forcing us to go to the smartphones/smarphone plans that cost almost double what we all currently pay for what we have.  By doing so we will continue to be offered less than sub-par quality phones.  It's going to be the lesser of evils moving forward for me.  I do not use anything but the navigation, and google function on my lg rumor reflex, anything else on that phone just freezes, I have 400 contacts in my phone and trying to surf/find a number is painstakingly slow.  I go into sprint stores, I call customer service and I get the same reaction of indifference from every spring representative (notice I won't capitalize sprint right now unless I have to for grammar's sake, they don't deserve my respect anymore.)  So by reading the responses from people who work for sprint talking down to us like we don't know what we're doing only infuriates me further, this will be remembered when my contract comes up in a year....... I might even pay to get out just to get out now that it's not that expensive to get out......

Journeyman

My original post was in October last year. Here is my story: I upgraded to a new LG reflex in September 2012, six weeks later it died, it would not boot past the first screen. The local Sprint store could not / would not help, I had to send it for warranty repair to LG and be without it for 3 weeks. When it came back, they had replaced the CPU.

In January, when I tried to enable some data features on it (features that I had in the past on a previous phone with the same plan), Sprint refused and tried to push me to a new fairly expensive plan. As of today, I left sprint (after 10 years of being a customer), paid the penalty, bought my own Android phone, and I am now on a 50$/month unlimited-everything pre-pay plan. The LG phone now sits in my drawer. No more LG phones, mo more Sprint 2-year plans for me!

Conclusion:

1) There is a very high rate of early hardware failures on this phone, and Sprint does not care.

2) Sprint were just trying to push me to a new and more expensive plan.

Journeyman

Yes Jenny,

I believe you are completely out of touch with what we have gone though, I have gone through 3 sets of these in the past year (one for me one for my wife) I know what's happening here, you're squeezing all sprint customers out of this old plan and forcing them into the new plans that cost almost double.

It's easy to offer garbage handsets to force people to switch...

This is what I truly believe is happening here at sprint.

Journeyman

Jenny

I suggest you spend some time really acquainting yourself with what folks are encountering, including at your service centers.

Let's start with this thread, nice and short and info fairly current http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/96160?tstart=0 

I suggest you read it carefully as the customers involved have provided detailed info about the service techs.  Unless the SPRINT techs have received a service bulletin or other information to enable them to fix the problem, why would anyone at this point rely on them to be helpful?

This thread where apparently I identified a possible solution  http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/89952?tstart=0

And there is this one, also referencing an attempt to work via the service center  http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/106012?tstart=0

If you bother to read my posts you will note some pretty detailed info as I wrote as the problem occurred.  Unfortunately, I have been unable to find the thread where the customer detailed going into the store, dropping off his phone and returning to the news "No Trouble Found", and when he powered up his phone in front of the tech BINGO!  Reboot hell.  The tech tried to disappear under the desk but settled for mumbling something unintelligible.  Not exactly reassuring behavior.

I think the bottom line here is that this problem has been ongoing since this phone first showed up.  We are approaching, if not at, a year on the street and REBOOT issues are still the order of the day.  SPRINT and LG seem incapable of fixing it assuming an effort is being made.  Has anyone on the tech staff bothered to hit the SPRINT stores and buy some LG Rumor Reflex phones off the shelf and then test them?  That would be the obvious thing to do.

Telling folks to go in and see a tech, or mail in their phone, is not helpful when customers who HAVE done that have been left no better off than when they started.  The threads I linked are clear on that.  In my case, the phone still goes into REBOOT without my help, more than once but thankfully stopping after 2-3 cycles.  Having managed an IT staff I am well aware that if they can't see the problem when it occurs it is unlikely they will pursue a fix, unless one has already been handed to them via memo, bulletin, or whatever.  So my going into the store is useless unless the phone is acting up at the time, and I don't live my life hanging out in the vicinity of SPRINT stores.

Your response to this thread strongly suggests that SPRINT and LG are still shooting blanks as far as solving the problem.  I said in another thread about CS that SPRINT should pull the plug on this faulty device, and let everyone have a new phone, that works.  Of course that involves money and an admission they have failed to fix the problem.  But it beats the alternative; P.O.ed long time customers who are acquiring a bad taste about SPRINT, LG and their willingness to keep a device on the market that has an ongoing known problem.

Journeyman

CHUNKYBUTT,

I understand what you are saying. One of our techs would need to look at the phone to determine what is wrong. Through the phone or post we are limited to what we can do when its a device issue.

Thank you,

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I responded in july that this problem was happening, they suggested that i take the phone in, i was told it would take 6-8 weeks to send in and recive it again.. which they couldnt gaurentee would fix it. Thats just unacceptable. look at all these people having the same problem!

Journeyman

CHUNKYBUTT420,

Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry to hear about what is happening to your phone. Have you had the phone checked at one of our service and repair centers?

Regards,

Jen R

Sprint Social Care Team