cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return of Email H*** (AGAIN) and More

Highlighted
Journeyman

Return of Email H*** (AGAIN) and More

So it's been 4 months since I last posted.  Did you really think my problems were over and done with?  HA!  Not hardly.

My email on the phone has failed for the umpteenth time. Tried refreshing the data without deleting the accounts (there is a way to do that) and no joy.  Deleted the email accounts and then attempted to re-add them.  Success with MSN.  No joy with Gmail.  I even changed the password via my PC and then attempted to add it back to the phone.  Nope, won't do it.  Says the User ID or Password is incorrect.  I wrote both down so I call  BS!!!  My most important email account and I can't get to it via the phone.  Lovely.

Touch screen is getting hard to work with, not always responsive.  Texts don't arrive on time consistently.  It can take days (literally) or hours.  I never know.  Phone rings, or doesn't, when voice calls come in.  Voicemail notification comes in shortly after the voicemail is left, or not.  No idea what is up with any of that.

Bottom line is the phone is becoming more unreliable.  Raising a ruckus here serves no purpose, but I feel compelled to document my efforts.  It doesn't help that SPRINT's way of dealing with snailmail complaints is to 1) direct the letters to Billing (as if they had a clue), 2) willfully ignore what you actually wrote in the letter (you get a phone call and when you call back no one knows nothing), and 3) send you to the Tech Support people despite what you wrote in your letter (see #1).  And if the phone is acting up the response is to go to a service center, which may (or not) be able to come up with a solution other than a hard reset.  SPRINT really doesn't give a fig.  It doesn't help that over the summer I spoke in person with an LG tech at a local Verizon showroom about my issues with the Reflex and what has been raised here.  Clueless pretty much sums up his reaction/response.

February is the earliest I can upgrade, the contract ends in May.  I don't know if the February upgrade date means there is no termination fee if I bail.  I will have to investigate.  The phone is not 2 years old and it is definitely falling apart, so to speak.  The cell phone maps I am seeing suggest that Verizon actually is way ahead of SPRINT in the 4G universe even though it will cost me more if I switch contracts.  Alternatively, it may be time to find an off brand with a low price and access to one of the major networks.  At least if I wind up with a POS phone  and/or POS service I won't feel as though I am being ripped off.  Right now 'ripped off' is as kind a description as I can give. 

27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Wizard

actually, good point. very good point. I'm with you. I think this type of service decommission should somehow benefit you in the end.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No need to be snide.  Who said anything about needing to benefit?  I'm simply saying we shouldn't get screwed over.

How would you feel if you bought a new car and then Toyota decided to remotely disable air conditioning in their vehicles...but hey, there are other "lesser" alternatives like opening your windows - or you can upgrade to the Lexus line for 2x the price that still includes that feature.  Oh - and no returns!

Admittedly not a great analogy, but there likely won't be a good analogy to this situation other than the general bending over to take it from corporate america.  Maybe you enjoy it that way, but clearly a lot of people don't.

Highlighted
Master

As market trends change it is important or us to adapt and change as well. Most customers are purchasing smartphones that have the inherent ability to seamlessly perform the actions of features phones a great deal more. As such, it is prohibitive to maintain the infrastructure to keep both the older and more progressive technologies concurrently operational. Please advise when you last upgrade was performed. Also, please send a free text message to 1311 with the word UPGRADE and let me know the result.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

I think he was offering you an early upgrade.  Probably stuck for 2 more years, though.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat