cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I receiving texts late?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why am I receiving texts late?

It just started today, but my phone is receiving texts 4 hours late, or later. I was wondering if anyone has any idea as to why? I was wondering maybe if the cell towers in my area are down? My location is 66801.

48 REPLIES 48
Journeyman

Re: Why am I receiving texts late?

People come in pretty often with a Rumor Reflex. Its a very common issue with the device. Try power cycling the phone once a day. It usually keeps the issue away. Its some odd software glitch.

Journeyman

Explain power cycling?

Journeyman

Power cycling, power the phone off then back on.

Journeyman

Done that, multiple times, my phone still is being weird.

Journeyman

Like I mentioned. Its going to be a reoccurring issue with that phone. All the LG rumors do it.

Journeyman

Thank goodness, I'm getting a new phone in April.

Master

Halliemae,

Thanks for reaching out. That would be extremely frustrating. I'd like to take a closer look into this. Please send your 2 closest cross streets. This will allow me to view the network and its performance in your area.

Regards,
Duane
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Duane, I looked at the nearest cell towers and it's telling me that the sprint coverage is fine here. I think it's just my phone.

Master

Halliemae,

Thanks for getting back with me. Have you had a chance to have one of our experts at a service and repair center look at it. Find one near you at www.sprint.com/storelocator

Regards,
Duane
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

As was stated by another poster here, this is not an unknown problem with the Rumor Reflex.  It occurs whenever it occurs.  I am no longer surprised by texts appearing a day or more later than when they were sent.  And then I get texts that appear to arrive shortly after being sent.  No rhyme, no reason.

I actually had the opportunity to speak to an LG rep over at a Verizon store this past summer.  I gave him the 411 on what I was experiencing and what I saw being reported here.  Clueless pretty much sums up his response.

Journeyman

I got a message the other day that said they were gonna be fixing somethings with sprint.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat