cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I receiving texts late?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why am I receiving texts late?

It just started today, but my phone is receiving texts 4 hours late, or later. I was wondering if anyone has any idea as to why? I was wondering maybe if the cell towers in my area are down? My location is 66801.

48 REPLIES 48
Highlighted
Journeyman

People come in pretty often with a Rumor Reflex. Its a very common issue with the device. Try power cycling the phone once a day. It usually keeps the issue away. Its some odd software glitch.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Explain power cycling?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Power cycling, power the phone off then back on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Done that, multiple times, my phone still is being weird.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Like I mentioned. Its going to be a reoccurring issue with that phone. All the LG rumors do it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank goodness, I'm getting a new phone in April.

Highlighted
Master

Halliemae,

Thanks for reaching out. That would be extremely frustrating. I'd like to take a closer look into this. Please send your 2 closest cross streets. This will allow me to view the network and its performance in your area.

Regards,
Duane
Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Duane, I looked at the nearest cell towers and it's telling me that the sprint coverage is fine here. I think it's just my phone.

Highlighted
Master

Halliemae,

Thanks for getting back with me. Have you had a chance to have one of our experts at a service and repair center look at it. Find one near you at www.sprint.com/storelocator

Regards,
Duane
Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

As was stated by another poster here, this is not an unknown problem with the Rumor Reflex.  It occurs whenever it occurs.  I am no longer surprised by texts appearing a day or more later than when they were sent.  And then I get texts that appear to arrive shortly after being sent.  No rhyme, no reason.

I actually had the opportunity to speak to an LG rep over at a Verizon store this past summer.  I gave him the 411 on what I was experiencing and what I saw being reported here.  Clueless pretty much sums up his response.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got a message the other day that said they were gonna be fixing somethings with sprint.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat