cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11/1 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - LS840ZVI

Wizard

11/1 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - LS840ZVI

LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - LS840ZVI

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Number of users displayed on Hotspot

- Upgrade of the Google OS to Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

- Improved Lock Screen

- Home screen folders

- Improved Android Browser

- Improved Camera Experience

- Face Unlock

- Resizable widgets

Important Notes:

- Software version is LS840ZVI

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message

that no update is available, check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device.

- Refer to the LG Viper 4G LTE Software Updates blog for install instructions

99 REPLIES 99
Journeyman

Re: 11/1 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - LS840ZVI

Awesome! Hope I get it today. Was a bummer not getting it in Q3 like I was told but then again this is probably going to be much more stable since there were 2 unreleased ICS versions before it.

Now all you guys have to do is get 4G LTE up and running in Des Moines, Iowa.

Journeyman

Re: 11/1 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - LS840ZVI

Sprint you guys have done it again. this was the best darn upgrade I have seen for a device in a long time. Great JOB

Journeyman

Is there a way for me to get the update now? or do i just have to wait?

Journeyman

You can check, but chances are, you just have to wait.

Journeyman

The update was pushed to my phone on the 1st, but it didn't stick for some reason. Now my phone says there's no firmware update available. Anyone else experiencing this sort of problem?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint, you have left me completely underwhelmed.  It's one thing to wait for an update to be available.  But 3 days after it's available my phone still hasn't received it.  I guess the network can only handle a few phones a day. 

Journeyman

What is the etimated roll out time for this?!  We should all have it by now!

Sprint Employee

The general update page linked to up top says "Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 10-15 days" many software update roll outs can take several weeks.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

has anyone been able to figure out any pattern to the updates or is it just completely random.

Master

Google's GOTA servers pick device serial numbers at random to be eligible for the update. This allows for network management and to ensure that everyone gets the download without the server bottlenecking and causing severely slow downloads because everyone is trying to get the update.

Journeyman

I just received conformation that as of today the rool out is at 10% and will be COMPLETED by Nov.12th!!!!!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat