cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11/1 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - LS840ZVI

Journeyman

Re: 11/1 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - LS840ZVI

Ok.  Found it.  Thank you.  I thought it was a device setting, not a personal setting...

Journeyman

Re: 11/1 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - LS840ZVI

What a mess of an update...

It is annoying to lose most of my settings and have to re-learn where everything is on my phone, but I could deal with that if it was the only issue.

The bigger issue is that my phone freezes A LOT.  The new quick menu (or whatever you call the menu when you drag down from an icon at the top of the screen) doesn't work.  My phone stops responding anytime I drag something down.  This update should not have been released in this state and I am not happy at all.

Journeyman

Naturally.  It's well known that going through ice cream too fast causes brain freeze.

Journeyman

I've had no problems with this update at all. This update has actually been good for my phone, as I use less battery life and it's more stable than Gingerbread for me. You might want to try a factory reset. Just make sure you backup to your Google account so you don't lose your contacts.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I absolutely love the new update however I was having the same issues with apps not responding as well as problems with the play store and the browser.  What's I noticed is that every time I install something new from the play store I get the error message "sprint id has stopped" . The only way to get everything to start working again is to restart the phone (which just happens to be one of the awesome new features rolled out with this new update). Is anyone else having this issue with Sprint ID?

Journeyman

darcyndon wrote:

I absolutely love the new update however I was having the same issues with apps not responding as well as problems with the play store and the browser.  What's I noticed is that every time I install something new from the play store I get the error message "sprint id has stopped" . The only way to get everything to start working again is to restart the phone (which just happens to be one of the awesome new features rolled out with this new update). Is anyone else having this issue with Sprint ID?

yeah i did a factory reset and that solved it.Make sure u back up everything frist

Journeyman

My wife has this phone and the battery life has been terrible.  Late last week she received the update to ICS and was hoping for improved battery life,  Really can't tell yet because the wifi continually turns itself back on and drains the battery.  We hav gone into the auto settings and changed the sleep mode and still it turns on.  Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this

Sprint Employee

Hello BauerT1975, My test phone here is able to Sync Calendar, and use Google Maps, did you see improvement after going to the store?

No longer working Community Response.
Sprint Employee

segar123, Have you disabled the Sprint connections optimizer yet? does she have any pop/imap email accounts setup, leave any other features enabled, or use task manager/security software?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

I hope I don't sound stupid but I don't know where to finf the Sprint optimizer.  She does have gmail and does not ust any kind of task manager.  Before the update the wifi stayed off unless we turned it on now I turn it off and 5- 10 minutes later it's back on.  I have gone into advanced settings while in the wifi section and disabled the keep on while asleep.

Journeyman

Go to System Settings; under WIRELESS & NETWORKS, select “More…”; scroll down to select “Mobile Networks”; at the bottom of the list is “Connections Optimizer”. The text displayed when that comes up indicates that this is meant as a battery-saving mode; you may believe that if you choose.

Journeyman

Is there a reason I cannot use wildcards in proxy bypass lists? For example: for the “Work Wi-Fi” network, I can add example.com to the proxy bypass list, but if I change that to *.example.com, the Save button is disabled.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat