cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11/1 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - LS840ZVI

Journeyman

Re: 11/1 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - LS840ZVI

For some reason, since the update, my phone no longer alerts me when I have an email.  And I have to manually refresh my email account to receive any emails.  Any ideas how I can remedy this?

Sprint Employee

Re: 11/1 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - LS840ZVI

It appears this phone also has the auto controls option which could cause this. In wifi settings press menu > advanced.

No longer working Community Response.
Sprint Employee

Hello JoelSalomon, it will not accept a wildcard before a domain because the domain would include all results in that domain, making the wildcard mute. I believe that's what LG was aiming for, but I have no way to determine.

Sprint Employee

Which types of email do you have setup?

Journeyman

I can confirm that sub-domains are not working as you’ve suggested. With example.com in the proxy bypass list, attempts to reach subdomain.example.com still go through the proxy server.

(I am, of course, writing “example.com” in place of the actual company-internal addresses I am trying to access.)

Journeyman

I have both a gmail and a hotmail account.  The hotmail is set up as my default and the one that I normally receive alerts from.

Sprint Employee

How strange, I will send this over to the software developers to see what they can do about reporting this back to LG. Just so I understand completely, in the wireless network you've added for work, in the proxy bypass list you have added example.com, and can access example.com, but not something.example.com? If it's an internal site is there any specific reason that the proxy server would pose a problem?

Sprint Employee

Is your Hotmail setup as pop, or EAS? In settings > Accounts & Sync does the gmail show a somewhat current date & time for last sync of gmail?

Journeyman

Hotmail says POP3 server.  Gmail shows last sync as 11/20/2012 9:39am, but that was only after I hit the button to refresh.

Journeyman

Yes, that’s exactly correct.

Basically, there are many internal sites which cannot be accessed through the proxy server—too many to enumerate without using wildcards. And the error messages I get when browsing the subdomains confirm that the phone is incorrectly attempting to access those internal pages through the proxy.

Journeyman

Thanks Joel I'll give this a try and see if it works

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Do you recall the Date/time shown before you tapped sync? For the hotmail you may want to remove, and readd the account.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat