cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11/1 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - LS840ZVI

Journeyman

Re: 11/1 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - LS840ZVI

I got a Sprint Zone notification about the update, but don't have the update available to me yet. Is that normal?

Sprint Employee

Re: 11/1 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - LS840ZVI

Yes, to put it into perspective you saw articles in the paper about Tax stimulus refunds before your check was mailed. Sprint zone is an outlet for us to convey general notifications that may be device specific, but not necessarily individualized.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

i have had the same issue today.  the people at customer service (phone) have as of right now transfered me three times and still cant figure it out..

Sprint Employee

If you have tried at least 3 times, and completed a factory restore then the Service & repair center would be the next place to continue. The store will manually apply the update.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

When I woke up today my phone said i had an update waiting.But when i went to install it i got a message saying that the servers were experinecing problems..Ive been waiting for what seems like forever for this update.Come on Sprint i need my icecream sandwich

Message was edited by: Gigabit67

Journeyman

I got a notification today but thats it my friend got it today and go the update why cant i get it please

Journeyman

Was the update worth the wait? I wouldn't know because I haven't received it yet! I'm sure since I bought the phone the first part of June they figure why not make him wait for the last one since he has dealt with our crap service and lies this long he is used to it!

Journeyman

I just received the update and it IS worth the wait!!!

Journeyman

I also was having issues....  I received the original notifaction that said i could get it, then today i got one that said downloading but then went away when i tried to quickly uninstall a 3rd party app "go launcher" so i could enjoy ics before deciding if i wanted to aftermarket home screen app....  Then i tried to use the lg computer ap to update but it couldn't confirm with the phone which version it had...  After a factory reset it showed, downloaded and just installed ics....   Love it

Journeyman

My husband got his last night and i saw how it changed his phone and updated it, now i want it and im waiting for it!! Im so ready for it!!

Journeyman

OK now im starting to get mad.I want my freaking updatecome on sprint i bought my phone right after it came out so i think i should have my update by now

Master

The updates are sent to the phones on a random basis. This takes place over the period of the rollout.  about 10 -20 days normally.   We have no way to send the update to a specific device.  I certainly understand your frustration.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat