cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11/1 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - LS840ZVI

Journeyman

Re: 11/1 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - LS840ZVI

worst part is it was sent to me once .

Journeyman

Re: 11/1 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) - LS840ZVI

Hey really hoping for some answers!  I just activated my Viper last Thursday, does this effect if or when I will get the update??  Does it matter that it is a work phone?   Thanks, anxiously awaiting ICS...

Journeyman

I still haven't recieved the update yet. I heard everyone should have it by the 12th... is this true?

Journeyman

The update was released on 2012-11-01 and the website says, “Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 10–15 days.” I haven’t gotten the update either, but I’m only annoyed at the wait, not concerned—at least until the 16th.

Journeyman

So  my wife and me have same phones and she got the update on hers but mine is the main account holder and yet to receive it .  Was just seeing how the % of updates are going

Journeyman

so, i did the system update and it sucks! cannot access internet or play store.. even tried factory reset, and of course its still the updated version. i am completely frustrated! any susgestions.. waiting for business hours to either call or go into store.

Journeyman

11/13 and still no update yet, i am starting to wonder if ICS on the Viper is just a myth.

Journeyman

Will I get the upgrade soon? I just received my Viper on Sunday. You think they'll get to mine in the same time frame?

Journeyman

I'm having the same problem.  This update has made my phone almost un-usable!  I'm going to the Sprint store today

Journeyman

Got my update yesterday and now I have no browser access, Google Play will barely work, nor can I access certain apps.  It was recommended to me to uninstall and reinstall some apps.  I did this with Words with Friends and after it installed, it won't let me connect to see my game.  I've changed some of the Network Conenctivity settings and my browser worked temporarily but after a few minutes it stopped again.  It seems like maybe this only work with 4G, while my phone is often connected via 3G.  As a side note: I know this is petty, but I loathe the light blue colors in the status bar, messaging, etc.

Journeyman

Oh god im installing it now i hope i dont have this problem

Journeyman

I just went to the Sprint store and found out how to fix it:

Settings>System Settings>under Wireless & Networks, click 'More'>Mobile Networks>Network Mode>Select 'CDMA'

This should fix it.  It seems the phone was only trying to connect on 4G and since it is not yet widely available, it would cause the browser, etc to not work.  Setting it to CDMA makes it so it will only use the 3G network and once 4G is available, you can switch it back to the LTE.

Anyone who is already on a 4G network shouldn't have a problem.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat