2/7 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - LS840ZVK

Wizard

2/7 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - LS840ZVK

LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - LS840ZVK

Enhancements/Fixes:

- LTE network acquisition improvement

Important Notes:

- Software version is LS840ZVK

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message

that no update is available, check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device.

- Refer to the LG Viper 4G LTE Software Updates blog for install instructions

5 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 2/7 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - LS840ZVK

dshoem01,

Does this mean that after I receive this update, I should change my mobile network settings from CDMA to LTE/CDMA.  The phone was delivered to me with the CDMA setting, so I assumed it wasn't fully LTE capable yet.  Thanks.

Regards,

Mike

Message was edited by: MikeKLGViper

P.S.  Your link to "LG Viper 4G LTE Software Updates blog" seems to be broken.

Journeyman

Hi mike I would do that if sprint offers LTE in your area. If not then don't bother. I am in a LTE area but my viper doesn't get good reception. 1-2Mbps down 2-3mbps up.... this update is supposed to increase the LTE radio capabilities and also boost battery life due to it not switching towers so often.

Journeyman

Please explain how your determining the rollout.  I would think that lte markets would get the release first....but here I am 12 days after release and no update.  And Im in a lte market.  Id think sprint would want me to get the update before someone in a market that won't see lte for months.  Maybe Im just crazy to think with common sense.

Journeyman

i have done this update 2times now, and its tilling me to install it again.

Journeyman

Mines the same.  It tries to install and fails everytime.  Every couple days I get the notice that it needs to install and slows the phone down since it tries to download ona mobile network and then fails to install. How can I get this installed or block it from installing so it doesn't kill my battery every couple days?