cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6/28 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - LS840ZVD

Journeyman

Re: 6/28 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - LS840ZVD

I'm really getting sick and tired of Sprint not staying true to their word. It's been a good 2 weeks and my phone still does not have the update.

Journeyman

Well I finally got the update pushed to my phone last night.

Guess what? Quick memo is not an app. I actually had to go into a special instruction manual I got from LG to learn how to use quick memo.

There is no instruction that came with the update, Sprint! You need to at least tell people how to use it!

You hold the Volume up and down keys together for one second.

Journeyman

Dang.  You really are a genius.    It works.  It doesn't really give you feedback on how long you have to hold both volume buttons, but about a second does the trick.  I find it very akward that you have to activate it using both volume buttons.  I thought I read that it was going to be a long press on the menu softkey.  That would have been way more convenient. Oh, well. 

Now I'm hoping we'll get the Ice Cream Sandwich update with this phone.  There are some newer apps I can't use without it.

Regards,

MikeKLGViper

Journeyman

Ya I really thought they screwed up by the akward way to acess quick memo.

On my EVO 3D, you just held power and the home button.

The Viper will be getting ICS, no doubt. It's a LTE Device, the aging EVO 3D is getting ICS.

Journeyman

Definitely will be getting ICS...other carriers version of this phone which is pretty much 100% same source code, already have ICS...as far as quick memo vol+/vol-, i don't mind that myself...works fine for me.

Journeyman

Why is it awkward to use the volume button to access quick memo? If your already holding the phone in your left hand, your thumb can hit it and be done. If your power button is on top and home button is bottom front, that makes it hard to do it without using both hands. I access quick memo with 1 finger

Highlighted
Journeyman

What happen too LG Viper Software too Android 4.0.4 . It was schedule for Oct 24th 2012

Journeyman

We got hosed!

Journeyman

Well, anyone whos going to complain/go nuts, just go buy an evo 4g lte, if not, enjoy your phone, and be patient.

The simple fact that I pointed out on this forum how The viper was listed as running ICS, until i pointed it out/ they removed it, shows that eventually we WILL get it.

Journeyman

PLZ HELP!!!

2 LG vipers on my account, 1 phone has rec'd the update but the other fone has not.  How do I get the update to my second fone?

Thanks,

Journeyman

Same in my house.  My wife's phone is ICS and mine is still the old Android.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat