phone screen.

Important Notes:

- Software version is LS840ZVD

- Refer to the LG Viper 4G LTE Software Updates blog for install instructions

22 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 6/28 - LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - LS840ZVD

dshoem01,

Will this update be automatically "pushed" to our phones?  My guess is that it will be based on the blog stating "Released in stages with 100% of devices having received the update within 10 days", but was just confirming.

Regards,

-MikeKLGViper

Journeyman

Guess I didn't read far enough.  Answers to my questions are right there in the blog.   That's what I get for just glancing at it versus reading through it.  Looks like we can either get it manually or wait for it to be pushed to the phone. Think I'll go see about getting it manually. 

Journeyman

Menu, Settings, About Phone, Software Version = LS840ZVC

Menu, Settings, System Updates, Update LG Software = "Your system is up to date."

I can't seem to manually get the update.  Also, I see occasionally a general message that comes up that says "The system update is complete."  But, it does not say anything further, and I do not know if this is relative to this system update or some other app trying to update.  Any ideas?

Regards,

-MikeKLGViper

Journeyman

I have been looking for the update to get pushed as well. I am giving until the end of the 10 day period then I am going to be heading to a shop to get this resolved.

Journeyman

Still haven't seen this update over the air. Has anyone else gotten updated?

Journeyman

My wife's Viper was upgraded, although she doesn't recall upgrading it herself and she wasnt even aware there was an update.

My Viper has yet to receive any updates and the LG mobile support tool does not work for me to manually update the phone. 

Journeyman

Still haven't gotten the update.  I would like to get it one day...

Journeyman

I am still not able to get the update and it has been over 10 days.  I'll have to admit I am not too worried about it since the "Google Security fix" isn't specific enough to concern me and the "Quick Memo" app appears to be available for free on Google Play.  I am just more curious about how efficiently updates/fixes are distributed.

Journeyman

Got the update pushed tonight and it works well enough. Now if I could only find a decent stylus...

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.