cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm having issues getting the sync with my facebook and phone contacts

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having issues getting the sync with my facebook and phone contacts

Does anyone know why the LG Viper keeps giving me problems when i try ot sync my Facebook contacts to my phone contacts.  Either they don't sync at all or only the Facebook account syncs but not the picture, or any combination of the above. It's getting to the point where I may end up returning this damn device. 

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: I'm having issues getting the sync with my facebook and phone contacts

I'd like to know too! Just got my LG Viper yesterday and I love it, but this is the one and only problem I'm having. When I try to synch my facebook friends with my contacts only a few peoples facebook pics show up by their contact. It never syncs all of them! I've tried to log off facebook, log back in and do it again but it's still not helping! Please if anyways has any ideas why this is happening, let us know!

Journeyman

Alright it definitely syncs perfect on mine...with the last two facebook updates, you cant log out of facebook from the phone, and keep your contacts. It will remove them, You can close teh app, you can stop notifications, but if you log out, your contacts will be gone. Also, inside contacts, make sure you go to settings, view, and make sure you have facebook checked, make sure you DONT have only show contacts w/ phone #'s checked ( b/c then it may only show half your FB contacts) also, the pictures take a bit to sync, (contact pictures), make sure you have background data enabled, log in on home wifi, let the phone sit, and I guarantee it will show every single one once it finishes.

(Before doing any of this id recommend Logging OUT of facebook, and possibly uninstalling/reinstalling or at least make sure you have the most updated version)

personally i dont like this new update b/c prior to it you were able to Log Out but keep your contacts synced. Anyway im used to it now, doesnt bother me. Hope this helps.

Journeyman

i got rid of that piece of sh*t phone when i took advantage of my early upgrade in july, i got $103 for the viper so it paid for the early upgrade fee. i got the htc evo 4g lte and thank god i did. i was annoyed with the viper. it's a really crappy phone!

Journeyman

Hey im not sure if you figured this out on your own, but now ON ICS...you can finally merge contacts , so if some of your contacts don't show their phone number on facebook, and you have a separate entry, you can press menu, join, and merge the contacts together =).

Journeyman

I lost my phone a month ago and got a new one nexus s samsung google phone well last week i tryed to put contacts in my phone and they disappeared with in 5 mins  tryed this many times and it keeps on happening does anyone know why this is happening please help!!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat