Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ice Cream Sandwich Update ISSUES

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ice Cream Sandwich Update ISSUES

Hello,

I just updated to ICS today on my Viper. Now, the notification LED on the front doesn't flash green when I have a text, but it flashes red.  Also, when it's plugged in on the charger and the red light is on to show it charging, it doesn't flash from green to red at all.  Just stays solid red.

Also, the Email app. (I use 2 yahoo accounts, one for YMAIL and one YAHOO).  Before, with Honeycomb, you can look at both account folders at once and it will tell you if you have email. Now, when I leave it on "Combined View " then "Show All Folders" it doesn't pull the email. Actually, it doesn't pull the email unless I am in the email account. I made sure I have it set to "check inbox every 5 minutes". Still no.

The Google Search bar is permanently at the top of the screen. Anyone know how to get rid of that?

There is TONS of bloatware. All the Google Apps... magazine, etc, etc. And you can't get rid of it.

I'd really hate to have to root my phone.....

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issues.  These are just the begining I'm sure.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Ice Cream Sandwich Update ISSUES

Has anyone heard of doing a factory reset after the update to make it perform better?

Journeyman

Factory Resets do help with the performance of the phone, but rooting it won't help with the Google Bloatware. If you were to remove anything Google branded, it throws a security freeze, and upon next reboot, the phone will not boot and you will have to start over from scratch. I've run across a few forums where that happened to people already.

Journeyman

The notification LED flash...for w/e reason, LG decided to remove this feature....if you take a deep look in the phone you'll find references to it in the build.prop....But then again it is a known issue with LG newer phones and ICS...As far as EMAIL....try a 3rd party app!.. k-9 mail is great and free!....The search bar is easily removed by uninstalling google search, and NO it doesn't throw a security freeze, there are essentials you cannot install that will bring up security issues but not google search. An alternative method to removing this bar would be to install another launcher...Smiley Tongueersonally I use ADW Launcher EX and or Nova Launcher Prime, both have options for removal of search bar. Lastly, remember, rooting your phone is not illegal, do what you feel you need to do and be prepared not to have a warranty if you cannot cover your tracks. Sprint knows 90% of the phones are rooted, i mean, in UNIX, root means, administrative user above all....If we pay $$ for OUR phones, shouldn't we be the administrative user who has access to all features/functions?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat