cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for Service?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Searching for Service?

My daughter has had her LG Viper for a few weeks now and 2 days ago while on a family vacation out of town her phone died, no big deal she plugged it back in when we go to the hotel. Before it dies she had service and no problem now her phone is continually searching for service to no avail. Is there anything we can do that isn't driving in to have it looked at? We are in the area code 65807. She has taken the battery out a fey times now and nothing has helped the problem. Her navigation is also still functioning just not the actual phone features.

12 REPLIES 12
Journeyman

Re: Searching for Service?

I am currently having the same exact issues. All data things work, but no phone features. Just happened last night.

Journeyman

I am also having this issue for over 12 hours now.  I am able to go online, but not able to make a phone call.  It is a little disconcerting! 

Journeyman

I am having the EXACT same problem - for over a week now!

Email & internet - fine, but phone will not make or receive calls.

Journeyman

Mine started doing this yesterday afternoon. Has anyone found an answer/fix? Sprint tried to tell me it's a "tower upgrade" that is causing it, but since my kids' phones are fine, I'm not buying that answer.I think the rep had no idea and just wanted to get me off the phone.

Journeyman

Hey Guys!!!

Mine did that about 2 weeks ago and I took the battery out put it back in and then I returned phone to factory setting and BAM!!! Everything worked!! Sprint tried to help me but everything we did di nothing!!!

So, you go to Privacy settings and click it. Then it will say something like factory setting for phone and SD or phone only. You want phone only so you don't screw up your stored pics and all that stuff...Works now for me with no issues!!!

Journeyman

It worked!  Didn't even have to restore factory settings...removed battery and it started working again.  Thanks~

Journeyman

Having the same issue on 2 brand new phones.  We returned LG Viper #1 on July 4, now having the same issue on LG Viper #2.  Must be a glitch in the phone.  When the battery dies completely, then plug in the charger, phone goes to no service mode.  Tech at the store showed me the fix, but will be going to return phone #2, and get #3 - we are still within our 14 day return period.  Nobody should have to go in and change the settings every time the phone needs to be charged.  My daughter loves the phone....

go to:

Settings

Wireless and Network

Mobile Networks

Network settings

Network Mode

There are 2 settings for "Network Operating Mode" - for some reason, there are 2 choices, and at times neither selection bubble is selected - so the phone doesn't know what type of signal to search for.

Choose either bubble - and phone works great.

Journeyman

I have had my phone since May and have nothing but issues! First the over heating problem,the Sprint Store did a factory reset (LOST EVERYTHING) new battery,I cant get on web but at home if Im connected to home wifi, Cant watch Videos or Search the Web with out it Killing my Battery. Sheesh,Ive been to store three times! I get the same answer everytime we are upgrading towers will be complete by mid july Really !!! But I still have to pay for this ridiculous service. Im constanly battling this phone.... Now today my phone has decided to keep playing the Sprint Intro that you get when your turning your phone off or on and wont even go any where else. Comon Spring !!!! This is Ridiculous

Journeyman

As far as network operating mode...since 4g LTE isn't fully rolled out...in my area ive never even seen regular 4g...I always choose the cdma/evdo AUTO, not 4g lte auto, choosing the 4g option but not being in an area with 4g LTE, will constantly drain the battery quicker, searching for a 4g LTE signal over and over...

Journeyman

Exact same issue with mine.  Looks like this phone is turning out to be a real POS.

Thanks psody, that appears to have been my issue

Journeyman

i have also had my phone for a month or so and ive had all the same problems and some just about all the above complaints.... i switched from at&t to sprint cuz i wanted a new phone soon after i did so was when att launched there 4g in my area and sprint apparently went under massive construction nation wide after relizing i made a huge mistake it was obviously after my 14 day return date, so yea now im stuck paying for super crappy service and not to mention the phone i picked is no dout flawed.  or i could pay my first bill of $269!!!(1 1/2 month bill) and a $450!!!!!!!!!! early termination fee to get back to a decent service.... after a very long heated conversation over the phone with a account manager supervisor, (wich during i had 2 dropped calls mind u) the supervisor tells me in a nutshell im stuck with the contract and phone and have to deal with it or pay close to $800 to get away from all of this hassel......    fml

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat