cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Viper to get Android 4.0 (ICS)?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Viper to get Android 4.0 (ICS)?

I heard a story once that lack of patience leads to problems in all aspects of life. (Check runnning services, you'll see device update running, Within 3-5 Days I bet everyone will have an update. Personally, Im beginning to want to stay on GB instead of ICS ...ICS supposidely fixed some major memory management issues in GB, yet you can do this on your own, and the newesst JB, is supposidely to FIX ICS!. LOL. Just enjoy your phone.

Journeyman

I believe that months without Lte and months behind on ICS has shown my patience by sticking with Sprint!But thanks for the advise Dr.Phil!!!!! Just saying!

Journeyman

Did you actually get the update?

Journeyman

You can call me " dr. phill " all you wan't , doesn't bother me. Truth of the matter is, A- You purchased a 4g lte phone yes you did, At the time I'm sure you were informed where LTE coverage is available, where it is not, and that there was no guarantee as to WHEN your area will be covered by the LTE network. B- When you purchased the phone you also knew it came preinstalled with Gingerbread O.S. Nobody guarnateed you anything, we are lucky that they have decided to even update this phone, You can rant and rave all you want about your months w/out this and months w/out that, If you wanted LTE coverage immediately, you should have gone with a different carrier, paid more money, had less reliable service, IF ICS means that much to you, you should have purchased a handset w/ ICS preinstalled. Take the complaining elsewhere.

Journeyman

IDK about anyone else, but I sure as hell wasn't informed about anything when I got my Viper. My previous phone was a Blackberry Curve, so I was basically living in the Dark Ages. I had been under the impression that the Viper was already running on ICS, and i had no idea what LTE meant. The people at Best Buy said it could run on 4G, but they didn't say that we don't have LTE towers in California yet. Has anyone else had this sort of experience?

Journeyman

Same thing here!

Journeyman

And I WILL complain anywhere I chose!!!!!

Journeyman

I have just recieved conformation from LG that LS840ZVI is the final version according to their Dev. Teams response.

Journeyman

Any date given when this update will be released?

Journeyman

I want ics this sucks

Wizard

It was released today...see this thread.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat