cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is LTE Coming to Albuquerque,NM?

Journeyman

When is LTE Coming to Albuquerque,NM?

I got the 4g Viper LTE, but only gets 3g here. This phone doesn't even support wimax 4g.

I switched to sprint from Cricket because Cricket now has a cap on data they start to throttle speed if you go

over limit. But I plan I keeping sprint cause I also just switched cause I want to build my credit score up.

Sprint should make a update prl for this phone that adds old 4g too so we can atleast access wimax 4g. I might also buy a

wimax 4g phone on craigslist to use too until LTE Coverage comes to my area. I like sprint so far. Just wondering if any one knows

when LTE will come to Albuquerque,NM. Verizon already has it it hear, not sure about ATT and T Mobile has HDSPA 4g.

Michael.

11 REPLIES 11
Master

Re: When is LTE Coming to Albuquerque,NM?

You can always sign up  to get  notified about  LTE network  for your area  on  http://www.sprint.com/landings/lte/index.html?ECID=vanity:lte

Abe

Journeyman

I am in Albuquerque as well. No LTE for NM in the near future.  Also, it is impossible for Sprint to make an 'update' for the Viper to get WiMax as it would require a new radio. Sorry man.

Journeyman

I am in Albuquerque as well. No LTE for NM in the near future.  Also, it is impossible for Sprint to make an 'update' for the Viper to get WiMax as it would require a new radio. Sorry man.

Master

At this point there is no list of when any city might get LTE or even the next city that  might get it.  We are continuing our build or of Network Vision towers to expand the coverage of LTE.  At the above poster stated It is not a matter of a prl  Wimax coverage operates in the 2.5 band and used different hardware to operate.  It would require a complete rework of the device to put in Wimax capability.   

Journeyman

Maybe some can answer this,

Is there any  smartphone that picks up 4g. I was reading online,

that some people in Albuquerque or other cities can pick up wimax

depending on were there live,and most likley only outside,if it's not in a

cover zone. Cause some people said sprint doesn't post it on the coverage map

if their just testing 4g,and some people said they get weak signal or good signal depedning

how close they our to towers,inside or outdoors. Some people in forums I read, also

said it shows theres 4g but it won't pick up signal,it goes off and on. Or just displays it,and

tries to connect but doesn't.

A lot of people have the EVO,that is a older phone,do you think that phone might get 4g here,or other

wimax enabled android. If I can't get 4g might as well get a sprint iphone on craigslist, barter or discount.

Thanks Michael.

Journeyman

Well for now get the iphone, save my other one as back up or until 4g rolls out. It will eventually.

Journeyman

Wooo,So excited I got my 3G speed up 7mbps well 7 something. with 3G/4G speed optimizer app in android market. Just click max speed and reboot phone with a quick boot app,neither app requires root access,although I do have my phone rooted for battery optimization. I want to install custom rom but I'm waiting till someone makes and verifys one working on lg viper,I'm not testing one. With that optimizer I can now watch Youtube on 3g in HQ on my lg viper. now I don't need iphone, this phone I like better,android is better and this phone is faster with dual core..

Journeyman

Forgot to say I also installed beats audio drivers on lg viper works great, can't really

tell difference on speaker phone but with headphones does make it sound better.

Though you do need root access to install that though.. It's real easy to root lg viper

just google superoneclick and rageagainthecage, also on youtube nice tutorial.

All you need is to download superoneclick and rageagainthecage and lg phone drivers

and follow instructions,real easy one click root and your done!!

Journeyman

Never mind forgot my phone was on wifi, but that still made a little faster.

Master

If clearwire has put up 4g wimax towers there and they are active you could get 4g service.  Their coverage made does not show service in the area at this time  but that does not mean there is not a tower or two in the area.  This would not show on Sprint maps.   

If it is 4G Lte it is also  possible as the new towers are built they are tested  part of this would be testing the LTE signal.  This will not connect to our system until the market goes live. Again we do not know where or when those towers may be active  so they do not show on the coverage map.   

Highlighted
Journeyman

Okay cool. I found a few apps that improve 3g signal enough to make it usuable. By usuable I mean streams YouTube without pausing and music,web pages load in decent times, basic web pages at least or mobile.

1. Faster Internet

2. Speed up Internet

3. Internet Accelator 2 that one costs others are free.

With those three apps from adroid market, I tested my speed with speed tester app in android market and highest speed I got was 0.61mbps and the lowest ping for that was 201ms

With those apps and that speed with my 3g I can now watch most YouTube videos in HQ on my LG Viper. If it pauses in HQ just turn off and it plays perfect.  That's all I use data for is YouTube and listening to music on Spotify. Which you know if youtube plays good, then so does spotify. So thanks to those apps I am happy. I used to like Cricket but ever since they started throttling speed like T-Mobile,I'm so happy I switched to sprint. And Verizon and ATT are not a option they charge a lot if you go over...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat