cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is the viper update coming?

Highlighted
Journeyman

When is the viper update coming?

Sprint has told me countless times that an update is coming. But I can never get the same answer as to when. First it was early october, then it was october 25, then it was the first week of november, now it is sometime in december. Are you kidding me?  Give a definate date on when the update is going to be pushed and be specific as to which system it is going to be. Several reps have told me that it will be jellybean and others are saying only ICS. What the F**K?

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: When is the viper update coming?

It was released today.Software version is LS840ZVI. Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message   that no update is available, check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device.

LG Viper 4G LTE Software Update - LS840ZVI

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Number of users displayed on Hotspot

- Upgrade of the Google OS to Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

- Improved Lock Screen

- Home screen folders

- Improved Android Browser

- Improved Camera Experience

- Face Unlock

- Resizable widgets

Abe

Journeyman

I received my update yesterday.  Other than an issue with exchange email - which was corrected after deleting/restoring the account - I've had no issues.  It looks great!

-Brad

Journeyman

December 22nd and I still do not have the ICS upgrade. Any reason why as from what I am reading I should have had the update by now?

Journeyman

I am downloading the Viper update now. It is a big one and will take a while. What is the ICS upgrade? I just bought my phone today and an still studying the book. This is my first Smartphone.

Journeyman

I am downloading the Viper update now. It is a big one and will take a while. What is the ICS upgrade? I just bought my phone today and an still studying the book. This is my first Smartphone.

Journeyman

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat