cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting calls

Journeyman

connecting calls

when I attempt to make a to the person I'm texting in the text messaging window it will not connect the call and all I hear is my voice, then when I go to make the phone call from the number pad it does the same thing until I soft reset.  I can only connect 3g/cdma since 4glte is not in my area as promised

I am on my second viper handset, this is just one of billions of issues with this phone.   has anybody else had this issue or know of a fix?  aside from soft/hard resets, since that is all sprint tech know how to do?

14 REPLIES 14
Wizard

Re: connecting calls

icantusemyname,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your LG Viper. I have also on occasion experienced issues with hearing my voice, but by ending that call and calling back, I was able to resolve that issue. Is this something that happens often? If so have you had the chance to take your phone into a service and repair center to have a technician run a diagnostic test on your Viper?

We can look into LTE coverage for your area to see if it has been scheduled. To do so; please provide your zip and cross streets and we'll look into this for you?

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

This happens all the time, When I go to the shop They hard/soft reset it and say here you go good as new.  never works then they suggest putting in a claim with insurance I'm not paying $150 to replace this with another used phone, for that price I could switch to a new carrier which I am looking into. 

my zip code 08054   Cross street   Larchmont blvd and RT 38.

Wizard

icantusemyname,

Thanks for the info. I did find that as of 07/21 a tower near MIDLANTIC DRIVE has been experiencing a service outage. Our techs have made all necessary repairs and the tower is back on air as of today. I could not find a network issue in that area that could cause this issue that you're experiencing. How long has this been occurring with your Viper?

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

this has been happening since I received this refurbished replacement phone.   several months ago. and only getting worse. over the past few days I have spoke with different reps in different forms, chat/email/forums/phone all told me a rep would call me back due to escalating my claim. I have yet to receive said call. as of today I am pricing out a new carrier, I don't know how sprint gets labeled #1 with customer service. cant even face the issues at hand.

Wizard

icantusemyname,

I'm sorry to hear that no one has gotten back to you. Is the repair center also not willing to swap out your Viper for you?

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

they just want to do a soft and hard reset.  nothing ever comes up when diagnosing it,  but the problem persists.  I just want it fixed or replaced with a like phone, until my contract allows an upgrade. I have been a customer for many years and this is the worst customer service I ever had.  if I ever had a problem I always  got immediate help/replacement. this has been going on for months,  with the only fix being resets.   UNACCEPTABLE

Wizard

icantusemyname,

Thanks for the follow up. Just to verify, is your LG Viper currently running on software version LS840ZVK? To verify the software version; from the home screen select menu>settings>about phone>software info.

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

that's what it is running

Wizard

icantusemyname,

Thanks for the info. Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and account security pin, and I'll look further into this for you?

Morris L.

Sprint Social Media Care

Journeyman

sent

Highlighted
Wizard

icantusemyname,

Thanks for the post. Morris will review the issue and follow up with you. Thank you for your time and we look forward to assisting you with this.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat