cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

photo gallery

Journeyman

photo gallery

Sprint why would you remove the photo gallery app from the LG V20? What sense does that make? The other carriers have it. That is a very stupid move.

15 REPLIES 15
GrandMaster

Re: photo gallery

i know there was rumor of upcoming carrier branded devices moving to be more Android pure but im not sure if this is one of those cases or not. im checking in with someone right now on it. give me a bit.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

Google photos is on the phone correct?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

ok so this is what was passed down to me. LG has moved to GMS apps vs proprietary for the most part in terms of pre loads. you can still find LG apps in Smartworld but they are using stock Google apps on their newer devices.

so it would seem the V20 was the starting point for this to be happening. i heard rumor of it a few months back but the most recent phones released were still using stock OEM apps at that point. looks like LG made the jump.

basically the rumor i heard a bit back was even the carrier branded devices were going to start getting pushed to a more pure experience compared to all the built in stuff they used to shove down everyones throats in the past.

only true way to test against this is to ask someone that has one with another carrier and have them confirm its not there or is there.

Journeyman

I have... I have found out from LG themselves.. Sprint and Verizon are the only two doing this.

GrandMaster

interesting. i didnt see any mention of it over in Verizons site. only some other random things that were missing or no longer. the gallery wasnt mentioned. in any case it would seem that both are pushing for a more pure experience compared to the previous ways.

Wizard

Sprint is requesting the future Android devices to have a cleaner,  simpler interface. This means less duplication of apps - messaging,  photos,  email,  and music for example.

In fact,  Google Messenger will be the default SMS client on new Android devices at Sprint. This due in part to Messengers new RCS capabilities at Sprint.

Back to your gallery issue. Google Photos performs very similar and in many ways better than stock LG Gallery. Google adds new features all the time. However,  in the here and now,  if you could provide some examples of capabilities in the LG Gallery app that you cannot do yet in the Google Photos app,  --that would help build a case for LG to work with Sprint somehow in bringing the LG Gallery back now to ensure LG customers don't lose capabilities.

So please,  if you are a previous LG user,  and you discover features missing in Google Photos that you can have in LG Gallery,  list them here.

Thanks!

Side note,  I'm pretty sure it is only the Sprint variant that does not come with LG's core apps. I believe Verizon does have them like normal.

GrandMaster

wonder if gallery is in the app i mentioned above so they can re download it.

Journeyman

Also it does not have media ir calender application.
And the customer service either says that thare is nothing they can do or wait for the lg update(lol that's not lg issue, that is sprint's fault.)
GrandMaster

read what VOLTE2018 posted..it was explained there.
GrandMaster

also https://community.sprint.com/t5/LG-V20/QuickPic-gallery-options-for-LG-V20-Sprint-Product-Ambassador...
Journeyman

You can lock photos in LG Gallery. Google photos does not have this option
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat