cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: LG X Power: Survived Opening Weekend!

Sprint Product Ambassador

Outside of work, I’m in a local community theater production (http://swagtheater.com/) of “Fiddler on the Roof”. Just in the ensemble with my daughter (her first play). So this weekend I decided to test out how strong the battery was – during opening weekend. I brought the LG X Power fully charged to “Call” at 6:30 for the 7:30 show on Friday night. (side note locals – we run the next two weekends!)

Now obviously, I am not using the phone during my times on the stage – but backstage I use it obsessively – to check Facebook, take photos and videos or my daughter and cast being silly while we wait for our next scene and using Slack (the messaging tool our cast and crew uses).  I also used the phone to text and check weather and news.

After the show when I got home – I expected the phone to be about 50-60 % - it was at 78% battery! So I didn’t plug it in – but closed all applications. In the morning it was still at 65 %. After a semi-normal Saturday of errands and using phone to manage life, I brought it tour 2nd rehearsal at about 50 %. Again – use during breaks and backstage and then also use by my daughter to play Candy Crush – I left Saturday night with a battery at about 25 %. I didn’t have to plug it in again until Sunday morning.

That was pretty awesome. The phone does market itself as a long-battery device. The specifications are: Battery: 4100mAH, fast charge (pump express), micro-USB OTG. And much has been written about the battery (even by my own fellow Product Ambassadors). Even now – after not charging it since yesterday afternoon, and using it much last night and this morning – I have 62 % with 28 h and 42 minutes remaining.

Screenshot_2016-11-08-09-46-32.png

Huge selling point for someone who doesn’t always remember to charge up before I leave – or remember to bring a charger. And being an LG device, you also will have the great Battery Saver option along with the Battery Usage application (to review what is hogging battery).

Screenshot_2016-11-08-09-46-51.png

Until next time – when I will review the camera functions (you know always a hot topic for me).

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.