cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG X power

0 Comments

IMG_2346.JPGIntroducing the LG X Power, this midrange Android smartphone with really only one selling point; the battery. Do not get me wrong, this phone has many other features and for the price and rage of where the device sits in a lineup of other phones in its cost category, it is a champ. So that battery? Yes, this puppy holds a whopping 4,100 mAh battery. While some will say this is amazing, I merely say shouldn?t this be the standard going

IMG_2352.JPG

forward for flagship devices? If a midrange phone such as the LG X Power can house this much juice I say why can?t we have this on all of our future phones?

I shall get off of my soap box and dive into the rest of the specifications of the LG X Power. The X Power has a 5.3-inch, Full HD (1280 x 720) display, IMG_2351.JPGan 8-megapixel rear facing camera, 5-megapixel front-facing camera, 16GB of internal storage, 2GB of RAM, microSD card slot of up to 128GB, and of course that huge, 4,100 mAh battery. The LG X Power will come loaded with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and is offered at both Sprint IMG_2349.JPGand Boost Mobile for the very consumer conscious price of $149.00. The two key features of this phone is the price and the battery, with one of the largest batteries I have seen on a phone the X Power promotes over 33 hours of talk time or at least 2 full days of use between charges. This to some is an answer to many of your prayers you face on a daily basis with phone battery consumption.

Going hand and hand with the battery I was expecting the X Power to have a lot larger build. To hold a 4,100 mAh battery I was expecting a brink of a phone, but I will say it is quite the opposite. The phones plastic form feels good in the hands. The back has a nice texture that allows the larger phone to be held easily while at the same time giving you a good grip. I am someone with larger hands and find larger screens easy to maneuver and the X Power is easy to touch all corners of the screen while still having a good grasp on the device. Just note with all of these compact features of the phone, it is all made out of plastic. There isn?t any nice metal corners surrounding the phone or flagship gorilla glass to make your device feel as nice as say an LG V20, but for an all plastic device it feels more expensive than it truly is.

Going forward with the X Power I want to see if the 4,100 mAh battery stays true to its stats and will give me a full 2 days worth of usage between charges and if the MediaTek 1.8 GHz Octa-Core processor will keep up with the beloved SnapDragon Processors we all have come to love in our mobile phones.

Pros

-Massive Battery

-Consumer Conscious Price

-microSD Card Expansion

-Lightweight

-Comfortable to hold

Cons

-Midrange Processor

-Camera Performance

-Low Resolution Screen

0 Comments

So you just got your new 2 day loving battery device the LG X Power and you love it but you miss that iconic Android App Drawer? Now what? Well you can get it back in just a few clicks. For some of you that may not know what an App Drawer is on the phone, it is the icon you click that houses all of your applications you have downloaded in neatly organized pages. This allows for easy use and fast access to applications you may use. The alternative that is stock on the LG X Power is the home pages located on the phone that lays out the applications you download in random places as you download them. Okay, enough of the jib-jab lets dive into how to turn that long lasting device into your standard Android phone you have grown up with and loved!

First you will need to be on your home screen with an open space available to press and hold. Once you do this you home screen settings and windows will pop up for you to select from. Simply click the gear symbol that says Home Screen Settings. Once you click this you are taken to your Home Screen Settings main screen, simply click Select Home. You will then see the option to download Home & app drawer, click this option and download the setting on the next screen. After downloading you can simply click the Home & app drawer within the Select Home settings and you are golden!

Use this trick to house and access all of your apps downloaded to your new phone and binge away on all that you love with the simplistic drawer you have learned to use over the years of Android!

1.jpeg2.jpeg

3.jpeg4.jpeg

5.jpeg

0 Comments

X_power.png

LG X Power

I have had the X power for a few weeks now and I must say this little device packs quite a punch. If you or a person you know is seeking to move into the smartphone arena. Then you should strongly consider the LG X power device.

First up the specs:

PROCESSOR MediaTek 1.8 GHz Octa-Core MT6755M

OS Android? 6.0.1 Marshmallow

BATTERY 4,100 mAh Embedded

DISPLAY 5.3" HD TFT

CAMERAS 8 MP Rear and 5 MP Front

CONNECTIVITY LTE, CDMA, GSM, UMTS

MEMORY 16 GB (up to 8.96 GB usable)

RAM: 2 GB

microSDXC? card support up to 128 GB

(cards sold separately)

SIZE 5.86" (H) x 2.95" (W) x 0.31" (D)

WEIGHT 4.87 oz.

Battery: I cannot get enough of what X power brings to the table. If you are a person that need a device that can carry you through the entire day, then the X power is the device for you. You can get close to 2 days on a single charge.

Battery.png

4,100 mAh

The Design: You will be amazed how light and how thin the device feels in your hand. I was very impressed by the form of the device and how cool it looks. The device has a premium feel that does not feel cheap compared to other devices that claim they pack all of the bells and whistles.

• Slim Arc Design
  • Customizable Home Touch Buttons ? includes Notification, Capture+, and QSlide Function,and customizable color settings
  • LG UX 5.0 Home Screen ? conveniently access all apps from the home screen

Connectivity: The X power gives you the power to take advantage of Sprint?s LTE plus network and it offers the support of providing data access to other devices. My connection remained connected with no issues when I used my mobile hotspot access. Also, you can purchase a separate USB On the Go (OTG) cable to connect your favorite peripheral hardware such as a gaming pad/remote.

• Sprint 4G LTE Network
  • Mobile Hotspot ? share a 4G LTE data connection with 8 other compatible wireless devices
  • Wi-FiConnectivity ? 802.11 b/g/n
  • Bluetooth Wireless Technology Version 4.2
  • Supported Bluetooth Profiles: A2DP, AVRCP, GAVDP, GOEP, HDP, HFP, HID, HSP, MAP, OPP, PBAP, SPP, SDAP, PAN
  • USB Tethering? share your phone?s Internet connection with your computer
  • USB OTG Cable ? directly connect to other devices and peripheral hardware
  • Wi-Fi Direct? connect directly to devices via Wi-Fi connection
  • S-GPS and A-GPS for Enhanced Location Accuracy

Entertainment

• Google Photos for Video and Picture Storage
  • Google Play Music with Support for MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, FLAC, OGG, M4A, AMR, WAV, and MP2 formats
  • Media Sync (MTP) ? transfer files or synchronize with WindowsMedia Player or Android File Transfer
  • Accelerometer ? control games by turning and tilting

You definitely get more than what you see on the surface. Check out our many other blogs at LG X powerjavascript:;

Disclaimer:

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint partners from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

Source: LG X power eBrochure

0 Comments

Outside of work, I’m in a local community theater production (http://swagtheater.com/) of “Fiddler on the Roof”. Just in the ensemble with my daughter (her first play). So this weekend I decided to test out how strong the battery was – during opening weekend. I brought the LG X Power fully charged to “Call” at 6:30 for the 7:30 show on Friday night. (side note locals – we run the next two weekends!)

Now obviously, I am not using the phone during my times on the stage – but backstage I use it obsessively – to check Facebook, take photos and videos or my daughter and cast being silly while we wait for our next scene and using Slack (the messaging tool our cast and crew uses).  I also used the phone to text and check weather and news.

After the show when I got home – I expected the phone to be about 50-60 % - it was at 78% battery! So I didn’t plug it in – but closed all applications. In the morning it was still at 65 %. After a semi-normal Saturday of errands and using phone to manage life, I brought it tour 2nd rehearsal at about 50 %. Again – use during breaks and backstage and then also use by my daughter to play Candy Crush – I left Saturday night with a battery at about 25 %. I didn’t have to plug it in again until Sunday morning.

That was pretty awesome. The phone does market itself as a long-battery device. The specifications are: Battery: 4100mAH, fast charge (pump express), micro-USB OTG. And much has been written about the battery (even by my own fellow Product Ambassadors). Even now – after not charging it since yesterday afternoon, and using it much last night and this morning – I have 62 % with 28 h and 42 minutes remaining.

Screenshot_2016-11-08-09-46-32.png

Huge selling point for someone who doesn’t always remember to charge up before I leave – or remember to bring a charger. And being an LG device, you also will have the great Battery Saver option along with the Battery Usage application (to review what is hogging battery).

Screenshot_2016-11-08-09-46-51.png

Until next time – when I will review the camera functions (you know always a hot topic for me).

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Case Options for the LG X Power - Sprint Product Ambassadors

So I’ve finally let my LG X power slip away (from me) for the last time and thus I’m now shopping for cases.  The first thing you may notice is that selection isn’t too vast. Generally, Spigen and Otterbox are my go to case suppliers but you won’t find much love for the LG X Power.  On Sprint.com we offer only two options and both are from Ballistic Cases.

Case.jpg

The first is the Ballistic Jewel Essence Case (Item # 759059019616).  This clear case shows off the curves of your phone while maintaining a good level of protection. Looks pretty familiar to a Spigen Crystal Shell case and would probably be a good selection for someone used to that kind of appearance and grip.  Without actually holding one, it looks like it has lots of those rough edges that I’m used to and likely will not fall out of my hands too easily.

The second is the Ballistic Urbanite Select Case (Item # 759059019609) made with Real Leather, this case looks to be slim smooth and have a finish that kind of reminds me of the leather back LG G4.  It still sports Ballistic Corners® which protect you from drops but I’m still seeing this one not quite my style.

Also available from Ballistic Cases but not currently sold by Sprint are:

Power Jewel Series Case – This looks like a Ballistic Jewel Essence case but a little lighter duty. The appearance looks much slimmer and I’m sure the weight is a little less cumbersome.

Tough Jacket MAXX Series Case – This looks like the closest thing to an Otterbox Defender series case made for the LG X Power. I’m not quite sure how it matches up but the construction looks somewhat similar.  I think I would consider this case if you were treading some tough terrain.

Beyond that, you’ll have to search the vast sea of other internet offerings.  A quick search of Amazon gives you a few hundred possibilities. None of these are too familiar in terms of brands I know and trust but sometimes they work out.

A couple that look interesting are:

The Zizo Bolt Series Case which looks to have lots of grip, a strange looking diagonal kick stand, belt clip and Tempered Glass Screen Protector.

The Anbel Design Slim Fit Flexible TPU Rubber Soft Skin Case with Stylus?  Well it looks nice and its dirt cheap but the LG X Power doesn’t have a stylus.  Maybe they are confusing this with the LG G Stylo? Sheesh, do I want to take a chance just to save a few dollars?

I guess I’ll have to do some soul searching to see if I want to take a chance or go with a generic.  Right now, I’m kinda missing my old Crystal Shell cases and the Ballistic Jewel Essence Case might just be the closest I’ll find. 

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

LG X Power - Onscreen Keyboard - Sprint Product Ambassadors

The LG X Power just like other androids devices uses the standard on screen keyboard. How well do you know this keyboard? Some people may think the response time is to slow or their hands are too small to reach all the keys. What about the suggestions the program supplies are they even in tune with what you are writing. I'm going to show you a few configuration changes that I use to help make using the keyboard more custom friendly.

To access the onscreen keyboard configuration either select the cog wheel to the left of the spacebar on the keyboard or navigate to the following Settings | General Tab | Language&Keyboard | under keyboard & input methods select LG keyboard. This is the main settings section for the keyboard. Here is where you can manipulate the setup of the keyboard and its functionality.

One of the first changes I do is turn off the vibrate feedback as this is a heavy drainers on batteries. Under the LG keyboard configuration screen select the more button at the bottom and under the effects section uncheck the "vibrate on key press". If you want to make the key audible response silence here is where you can turn this feature off as well. Also at the bottom is the delay response when holding a key to get the additional pop-up options tied to a key. Currently it is set to .3 milliseconds you can reduce it down to .2 milliseconds.

Screenshot_2016-11-03-14-34-47.png

For those that have smaller hands using this device in one hand is pretty hard. A feature not active but can be is one handed operation. This will reduce the size of the keyboard and squeeze it to either the left or right hand side for easier use. To access this feature access the LG keyboard menu under general section select keyboard height and layout. On this page you can click enable one-handed operation. While in one handed operation if you wish to re-extend the keyboard from normal size either swipe all the way from the backspace to the left or start from the shift/caps key on the left and swipe all the way to the right. To go back to the one handed mode repeat the swiping to shrink the keyboard again. A few other minor keyboard changes I have taken advantage of include reducing the keyboard height and extended the keyboard in landscape mode. Both features are listed in the same configuration menu.

Screenshot_2016-11-03-14-29-21.png  Screenshot_2016-11-03-14-30-45.png Screenshot_2016-11-03-14-30-48.png

Screenshot_2016-11-03-14-31-28.png Screenshot_2016-11-03-14-31-42.png Screenshot_2016-11-03-14-31-18.png

A final change I manipulated is the word suggestion when typing. Under the LG Keyboard settings simply turn on the word suggestion feature if off. Next select the 3 horizontal dots to access an additional menu for word suggestions. Here I enable Next Word feature. Finally, select update word suggestions and click under languages your language choice to update. This will provide additional word suggestions based on your typing style learned.

Screenshot_2016-11-03-14-34-19.png

The LG Keyboard is again just a standard keyboard but with a few modifications you can make this keyboard more in tune to your needs. By manipulating the look and feel along with the how responsive the keyboard is; typing on it will feel more comfortable. Check out all the additional changes you can make including your own person dictionary of words.

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy.

Check out some of my other blogs on the LG X Power:

LG X Power - More Juice More Fun - Sprint Product Ambassador

LG X Power - Check That Core Out - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Disclaimer:
        The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

5 Great Reasons Why LG X Power Might Be the Phone for You - Sprint Product Ambassadors

I’m always rather amazed just what you get nowadays with even the most value-conscious phones. Gone are the days where you might feel short changed getting a lesser device. The LG X Power is a good example of a phone where you get plenty of perks for such little coin.  When considering your options here are 5 good reasons why LG X Power might be the one to win you over. 

20161023_100033.jpg

#1 Price: Out the door the LG X Power is currently only $216 on Sprint.com.  That’s paying outright.  You can spread that out across 24 Payments or save even more after rebate with a 24-Month contract.  It’s very attractive for all you get and certainly a competitive offer when comparing phones at similar price points.            

#2 Endurance: As the name might suggest, the LG X Power has some ridiculous battery life thanks to its 4100 mAh Battery.  It’s rated for 33 Hours talk time which will be pretty tough to match wherever you look. I can speak from experience, with my heavy usage I ran from Thursday afternoon to Saturday evening without needing to change.  In general with other phones I’ve used, I almost always have to put on the charger before an extended evening.  This is helpful and convenient especially for those on the go.

#3 Weight: Don’t be scared when hearing about such a big battery. This phone is light and comfortable. At only 4.87oz, this might be the lightest phone I’ve owned thus far.  I haven’t explored case options but even then this phone will remain a featherweight. 

#4 Features: You still have all the things you’ve come to expect from a modern smartphone. You get a 5.3” HD Screen (which looks great in pretty much any light), 1.8Ghz Octa-Core Processor (which is fast enough to handle pretty much any app), Wi-Fi Calling (Something I use frequently), Expandable Storage via MicroSD card (Up to 128GB), and a nice 8MP Front / 5MP Back Camera which still takes great pictures (even really close up).

#5 MicroUSB Charging: You are starting to see more and more smartphones switching to a USB-C connector but if you still wealthy in Micro USB cables, rest assured be able to use all those old cables on your LG X Power.

It’s always a pleasure using any LG phone.  I’ve always said regardless of flagship to mid-tier devices, my heart is often in LG’s corner.  The LG X Power is no exception.

-Rob Ignatowicz

0 Comments

I haven?t had a new phone in a while so I was impatiently waiting for my new LG X power. I have never really owned an LG phone but have been impressed by the other LG products I have. I was super curious about the X power and its 4,100 mAh batter twice the size of my other phone. I am a motorcycle rider and it?s pretty difficult to charge a phone while on the move? 

With such powerful battery I expecting a flash to the past with a big bulky device with a little bitty screen.

Front view.JPGI was so pleasantly surprised when I opened the box and there was this slick thin device with a 5.3? display.

side view.JPG

When I say slick I am being literal and was a tad bit concerned until I felt the back and there is an excellent honeycomb texture.

back view.JPGIt?s a great feature to help keep the device from sliding out of your hand. I don?t know how theysqueezed that 4100 mAh battery in the LG X power because it?s so thin but it works great.  

I was really impressed with the screen size and brightness. I assumed the size of the screen and the brightness would have to be sacrificed for the advertised battery performance. I am so glad I was wrong, the LG X power viewable screen area is much bigger than I expected. The screen is bright as well I was happy that I could see it well outside I did turn the brightness and can see it even in sun. I have watched and videos and tv shows they looked good. I didn?t have any issues playing different video formats I checked the spec sheet and it supports all the popular codecs. I always appreciate when the codecs are included it?s no funny searching for solutions and installing multiple players ect. Thank you LG!

?The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.?

0 Comments

LG X Power Takes Awesome Close Up Pictures - Sprint Product Ambassadors

So one thing that is often compromised when stepping down from a flagship phone is the camera.  My whole world is all about the close-up picture.   Flagship phones often do it well and mid-tier phones often suffer.  However, with the LG X Power it’s good to see that gap thin out as you can still snap some great close ups without all the bells and whistles.

3.jpg

First of all, the specs of the LG X Power are as follows.  Your Rear-Facing main camera is 8-megapixel your front camera is 5-megapixel.  Resolutions are up to Up to 3264 x 2448, Zoom is up to 4X and there is a plethora of cool features that you may or may not use.  To be truthful, I have used many, many phones with very, very good specs and for some reason I couldn’t ever capture a good close up.  With the LG X Power however, I can pretty much effortlessly keep those close up’s sharp, in focus and with all the quality of many great flagship phones I’ve used earlier.

With a bright subject and no flash (like my salt lamp), it shows great focus detail and nice proper fade to black around the subject.

1.jpg

Under good ambient light you get good detail (even without a flash) and see subtitle details of the surface of your subject.

2.jpg

When trying to showcase something, add a forced flash and you can really bring out some detail and highlight things that might otherwise be lost with an overhead light source.

4.jpg

To be frank, this is a great budget phone from someone active in the online auction scene and I certainly fit that description.  The great ability that the LG G4 and LG G5 showcased is proudly passed down to this phone in a workable and usable close-up camera.

Another thing I like it how LG has favored Google for its photo editing.  Your gallery on the LG X Power, is Google photos and the editing and feature set is familiar and to the point.   It also is good training if you decide to later step up to an LG G5 or similar phone.  Everything is very easy and doesn’t require many hours of trial and error learning.

-Rob Ignatowicz

1 Comment

By default, the LG X power Home Screen with App Dock only comes with two home screens for widgets and icons.  This quickly gets cramped as you add weather widgets, agenda widgets and more.  While limiting the number of home screens can help to reduce CPU and memory usage from widgets, it does limit your flexibility and creativity in using the phone - which is a key feature of Android!

So, lets figure out how to add more home screens to allow you to customize your LG X power to the max.  Unlike most Android phones where you simply drag a widget or icon to the edge of the screen the LG X power is different in how you add more home screens.  To add a new home screen to the LG X power when you are running the Home Screen with App Dock, you need to pinch from the corners diagonally - at which point you will get this view:

Tap the '+' button to add a new home screen for more widget space, icon storage or more.

That's as hard as it gets - just pinch diagonally and tap plus!

- W. England (Originally posted by Will England on WxExW)

Disclaimer:
       The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

Hello Everyone! And welcome back to following me talk about a new device. This time I am going from the LG G5 to the LG X-Power. Maybe the easiest swap just since I had really gotten used to the LG frame of reference, but there are a few things to note:

1)    This device is so light and thin! I have gotten used to having my devices in the Spigen cases, and this time I don’t have the case for the phone (might get one…). But for now, it is so skinny and lightweight. Also slippery (hence why I am going to look into a case!)

2)    I am really picky about how I have home screens and applications set up – when will there be a device that can swap so your settings are totally in sync? Like almost photo copy the set up and all of the alarms and ring tones and all of that? Well guess what – the LG Backup does most of that! It backs up and copies data such as call reject lists, messages, images AND Home screens (not all of the screens though. So with a little prep on my old device the work I used to dread at least got easier.

3)    I had a bit of a time getting Exchange to work for my work email – I ended up having to download the Outlook Application and kind of backing out of the set up in order to get the Exchange to work for me. 

4)    There are a few pre-loaded folders that I wrote about last time with the LG5 (the Management Folder – that includes the Battery Saver, Memory, Battery Usage and Storage & USB tools) that I was just so giddy to not have to let go.

Now this device is known for a few things – the main thing you will hear is the 4,100mAh battery into a slim and lightweight build. And so far I am really impressed with the battery. I haven’t put it through the ringer – but since activating on Monday only plugged in once…

Well more to come – what do you want to know about? Let me know! Until next week.

Disclaimer:
       The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

LG X Power - Check That Core Out - Sprint Product Ambassadors

The NEW LG X Power is a first for the Sprint network as it is the first device to move away from Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and trial a new style of processor from Mediatek. Incorporated in the LG X Power is a MT6755 also known as a Helio P10 Processor. It is an 8 core processor made for use in slim line devices. It has been designed to reduce processor power consumption, saving up to 30% more power when compared to other devices with similar architecture. Created with 4G LTE performance it's made to handle network speeds up to 300/50Mbps data speeds and processor clock speed up to 2Ghz.

So how well does this processor standup to the other myriad of devices on the market.  I ran 4 overall performance tests each calculating the ability of the processor. They all provided their own scoring system and yes each showed how the processor stands up to the rest. I utilized PCMark for Android, 3DMark, Geekbench 4, and Antutu Benchmark when analyzing the Processors abilities.

PCMARK for Android

Utilizing the new Workbench 2.0 I measured the full performance of the entire device. From Web browsing, Video Editing, Writing, Photo Editing, and Data manipulation. Ultimately the overall score was 3272 though PCMark did not have enough data for real comparisons. though reviewing their lineup of results the LG X Power was in between the LG Nexus 5 (3245 Score) and the Motorola Nexus 6 (3320 Score)

Screenshot_2016-10-26-10-05-52.png Screenshot_2016-10-26-10-05-59.png

3DMark Slingshot ES 3.1 - Demo

3DMark tests the CPU and GPU performance ability. The Slingshot ES 3.1 - Demo program is extremely demanding to get the results it looks for. The applications also tests the devices rendering abilities, graphic intensive ability. It is geared for evaluating a devices ability to handle high end computations for graphic rendering and video playback. It is computed via a graphics test and a physics test to measure CPU performance. The LG X Power yields an overall score of 322. In comparison the Samsung Galaxy S7 was rated at 2514.

Screenshot_2016-10-26-10-26-54.png Screenshot_2016-10-26-10-27-04.png

Geekbench 4

This CPU tester models real world tasks and application to provide feedback closer to actual performance use. It measures its calculations on overall CPU workload, Computing Benchmarks performances of the GPU, and provides a Cross-platform comparison. Geekbench provides a single core operation score along with a multicore Score. On a single-core score the LG X Power yields a 711 score. In comparison the Samsung Galaxy S7 held an 1806 score while the closest device to our score would be the LG Nexus 5 with obtaining an 859. In regards to the Multi-core Score the LG X Power had a score of 1825. The Samsung Galaxy S7 was rated at 5213and again the nearest device to the LG X Power was the LG Nexus 5 with a score of 1764. On the second test regarding computation rendering The LG X Power received a score of 1425. In comparison the Samsung Galaxy S7 yielded a score of 2766.the closest device on record was the Asus Nexus 7 having a score of 1366.

Screenshot_2016-10-26-10-23-08.png Screenshot_2016-10-26-10-22-45.png

Antutu Benchmark & 3DRating

This Benchmark application measures multiple layers of evaluation from memory performance, CPU integer Performance, and 2D 3D graphics Performance. Just like the previous CPU testers it yielded some interesting results. Unlike the other testers this one does not show a true device comparison but lists how the device compares to others. The overall score the LG X Power obtained was a 42814 score. For 3D rendering the device performed as mid-level device with regards to game performance. As for the CPU the LG X Power was referenced as a Mid-to-High End device with support for large apps and multitasking.

Screenshot_2016-10-30-13-00-48.png Screenshot_2016-10-30-13-01-00.png

Overall the LG X Power while it may have a CPU Clock speed up to 2Ghz and 8 cores for processing data it is not made for full time 3D rendering gaming. But what it lacks in performance of visual computation it makes up for efficiency when compared to dual core processors. Ultimately with every day use the LG X Power can supply the average user all that they need for their everyday use. While it is not the best processor Mediateks chip is show promise for future options. As the goal of this chip was to give full mid-level use while cutting power consumption. This ability tied to the LG X Power gives this device its' much needed break to succeed.

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy.

Review my other Blogs on the LG X Power:

Disclaimer:

0 Comments

The LG X power is one of the nicer phones to include SD Card support!  You can add up to 256 GB of online storage for your music, movies and more.  But in inspecting the phone, there?s not a slot visible to put in your SD card!  What now?

Simple ? LG has combined the SIM card tray and the SD Card slot together.  You?ll need the SIM Card removal tool from the box (the thin pin on a loop) or a fine safety pin.  On he left lower side you will find a tiny hole ? gently push the SIM removal tool into the hole and the card tray will come out.  Beware ? the SIM card will try to fall out.  Do not do this outside or on a windy day!

Above the SIM card slot is the SD card slot; just gently place the SD card in the tray, metal contacts facing down, and reinsert the SIM card tray.  This works best if the phone is powered off first.  You can follow this Sprint Tutorial for visual guidance on putting in your SD card into the LG X power.

You?ll be able to store your personal music and video library on the SD card without any problems.  Some apps may be able to be moved the the SD card, but they may not behave as expected.

Enjoy your new memory space on your LG X power ? you certainly have the battery life to watch a few movies or listen to music for a long while!

Will England

Originally published by Will England on WxExW

Disclaimer:

0 Comments

By default, the LG X power ships with their new homescreen that does not include an app drawer.  All the apps you install are dropped on the homescreen.  You can use folders to organize them but there?s not a formal app drawer.  Not sure of the thinking behind that ? perhaps other phone makers have tried it and found It successful. There has been lots of discussion about this on a variety of online forums, and even Google has considered dropping the app drawer.

Fortunately, there?s a workaround!  If you go to Settings ? General ? System Updates and update the LG Software, you will download a new homescreen with an app drawer.  To make it your permanent app drawer, tap the circle icon on your icon bar.

A popup will appear asking if you want to use the LG Home Screen or the LG Home Screen with App Drawer.  Choose the one with the app drawer and set it as default.

From then on you get the classic Android experience with your downloaded apps installed in the app drawer and your home screens available for widgets and icons of your choosing!

- Will England; Originally published by Will England on WxExW

Disclaimer:

0 Comments

LG has dropped their own mail client, instead shipping the phone with Gmail.  So, the first thing you may ask -- what do you do if you have an Exchange or other email account?  With the 4,100 mAh battery and days of battery life, the X power is a great business phone, good for long commutes, days away from the desk and never ending conference with no power outlets.   Well, the installed Gmail client does support Exchange and it works relatively well.  You can simply go into System settings, Accounts and Add an account of type "Exchange"

However, if you're a power-user of Outlook features, you'll want to go to the App Store and download the Outlook for Android client.  It's fast, powerful and feature filled with full view of your calendar, a great agenda widget for the home screen and more.  Best of all?  It's free from Microsoft.  It does use about 60 MB of memory space on the phone, but that's minimal compared to other apps (Facebook, *cough*, 200+ MB).

When you?re first setting up Outlook, you'll need to cancel out of the default Office 365 setup screen.  From there you can choose the account type (Exchange in our case) and it even has an Advanced settings panel to set your server, username, domain and more.    For more help you can visit the Microsoft help page for Outlook on Android

Once set up you get a "Focused" view of your inbox with messages sent just to you.  You can tune what appears there and what goes to the Other tab.  You also get to see all your folders on the server, your full calendar, contacts and a slick view into flies attached to your email.  I find it more efficient than the desktop Outlook client I use.

In a nutshell, the LG X power offers a good email experience out of the box even for Exchange users, and Exchange power users can install the Outlook for Android client for even more power and features.

- W. England

Originally published by Will England on WxExW

Disclaimer:

0 Comments

medium04.jpg

LG created the X Power to be a mid series device that is being sold at a reasonable price. This device has been deemed a power house for giving users enough juice to keep going as this device is built carrying a 4100mAh battery which is roughly 2x that of all other devices on the market. The devices incorporates a 5.3" screen size and runs on a New to Sprint market Mediatek 1.8 Ghz Octa-core MT6755M. The device measures 5.86" Height by 2.95" Width. Includes both a 8 Megapixel back camera and 5 Megapixel front facing camera. Included is 16GB of storage (8GB of actual usage due to operating system) 2GB of dedicated RAM. There is an optional micro SD card slot capable of handling up to 128GB for additional storage if needed.

One of the corner stone abilities of this device is the large capacity battery. The battery has been tested to give users 33hrs of talk time and 2 days of standby time. These lab times are just that LAB times actual figures will vary per user based on the users loaded features and applications that are running both while screen is on or in off state. My initial test of the battery ability proved to be very worthy of the name of the device. I am considerate to be a moderate user. I have multiple emails all pulling data as it comes in. I have multiple newsfeeds constantly updating and add in the typical social media apps that provide my daily entertainment. Throw in a few streaming shows and game play and I considered what I did to be about average. I was able to obtain roughly 33+ hrs of use on the device before I had to plug it back in. Ultimately I am very happy with the output of the batteries performance,

Screenshot_2016-10-25-16-31-16.png

While the battery is a significant improvement here are some features of the LG phone that I have been using and would like to acknowledge:

Shortcut Keys:

Access either the Capture+ (memo) application or your camera immediately while the screen is off. Simply double click the volume "UP" for the Capture+ (memo) or Double click the volume "DOWN" to access the camera.

Screenshot_2016-10-27-12-30-57.png

Reader Mode:

Located as a notification panel option or is settings under display. Reader mode reduces the amount of blue light on the screen to reduce eye strain. If you have never looked into this before please review it. It has been medically documented that the ambient light from our mobile devices affect the end users especially at night. You can set it to low, medium, high , or black & white. I have mine set to high .

Screenshot_2016-10-27-12-19-56.png

Qslide Access:

Qslide are LG quick access apps that can be opened on top of any currently opened application. To enable go to Settings | Display tab | Home Touch Buttons | Button Combination. Here you can drag the Qslide icon to the homescreen to be access at any time. as always you can just go to these applications directly and initiate the Qslide feature by clicking the 3 vertical dot and selecting the more option and clicking Qslide.

Screenshot_2016-10-27-12-19-42.png

The LG X Power definitely packs a punch of power to keep you going. This device is well built and has a great response time when using it. Ultimately all user whom have this device will be pleased with its abilities and what it has to offer.

Disclaimer: