Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN greyed out after Pie update - LG G7

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

APN greyed out after Pie update - LG G7

Hello, I own a LG G710PM which has been unlocked. The phone works on the network I am on in the UK for calls and texts but does not work on data as I cannot edit the APN settings. 

When I first came to the UK I had no issue (I was still on Android Oreo at the time) but since updating to Pie, there is no option to edit an APN or add new ones. The only APN that appears is the "otasn" APN. I have tried a network reset via the ##data# menu but that did not help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

I get that to some degree, but it's also kind of nuts that you can unlock a phone (which has the express purpose of then being used on other networks) but then lock it down after an update so that it only half functions on another network. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hey there! Have you tried doing a master reset on the device (this will set the device as factory default)?

Ciara
Sprint Social Care

Spoiler

Hello, no I have not and was hoping that would be last resort solution. I have done the full network reset (where it resets all data settings, wifi and Bluetooth) but that did not help. Is it possible to get the MSL code so that I can manually input the APN?

Highlighted

I tried the factory reset because I was hoping to get this sorted out (a phone with no data connection is not all that useful) but that didn't help, the APN field is still grayed out and I can't add any new details. 

Highlighted

Unfortunately, this is not an area where we can assist.  Once the phone has been unlocked and is off our network, we don't have technical service to offer.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted

I get that to some degree, but it's also kind of nuts that you can unlock a phone (which has the express purpose of then being used on other networks) but then lock it down after an update so that it only half functions on another network. 

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat