cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APN settings on my G8 are greyed out

Journeyman

APN settings on my G8 are greyed out

Hi,

I am using a sim unlocked Sprint LG G8 ThinQ in Ireland.........I puchased it from an Ebay seller based in Texas, selling them as new handsets.

My Irish sim card will only activate on the GSM/UMTS service and the setting to change the APN settings is greyed out without a 3 dot drop down menu.

Is it possible to get the APN from my Irish cell provider into this handset, or am I wasting my time ???

Please help!!!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: APN settings on my G8 are greyed out

I have dialled ##3282# ans got into some APN settings but when I try and edit.......it asks me for a "service code"

Any ideas???

Is this a Sprint service code or a LG service code??

Journeyman

Is it possible someone could give me a service code to try and get my phone working.

It is outside the US, it will never be in the US or on the Sprint network again. I am in Ireland and if I can't get help it will just be a $400 paperweight!

Please help.

Community Manager

LG's are finicky about APN settings.  Usually, they require the device to be active on an account and SIM before it will display APN settings.  Sometimes you can create as new and enter your APN settings.  I can give you your service code, I just need you to PM me the MEID.

@IrishG8 wrote:

Is it possible someone could give me a service code to try and get my phone working.

It is outside the US, it will never be in the US or on the Sprint network again. I am in Ireland and if I can't get help it will just be a $400 paperweight!

Please help.

Journeyman

Hi.....I sent you on the PM a couple of days ago.

Cheers.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat