Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 on LG G7 thinq

Highlighted
Journeyman

Android 10 on LG G7 thinq

Hello,

Does anybody has information on android 10 update on lg g7 thinq? Earlier news was 3rd quarter of 2020. Now we are already in the 4th quarter.

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
GrandMaster

the G7 has had two large OS updates so far hasnt it? or one?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

No, only one to android 9. Android 10 was supposed to be the last one, but hasn't come yet,

Highlighted
GrandMaster

only one? could have sworn my G8 received 2 large OS updates before i upgraded to the V60

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

for some odd reason im almost positive there were some issues with a update and it conflicting with either VoLTE or something along those lines.. problem is i cant remember if it was one of the V series or the G7..wasnt the G6 or G8 since i owned both of those..or the V60..

Highlighted
Journeyman

From what I understand, the LG G7 is slated for the 10 update.  LG released it earlier this year in Korea.  I'm not holding my breathe that we'll see the OTA until next year in the US.  Sprint generally does not roll out android updates to its phones quickly compared to Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

carriers dont roll them out anyways..the OEM does..only reason some carriers get their updates before others is that particular update had less issues to try and fix compared to the other carriers variants...which things should hopefully improve a bit since all devices released since the merger are getting the same update whether you are with TMO or Sprint currently.

Highlighted

I found this:
https://www.getdroidtips.com/list-of-android-q-supported-lg-devices/

Still, unless Sprint version of Android 10 update is stable, they won't release.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

correct..and im still leaning towards the VoLTE compatibility issues..that still rings a bell with me...didnt own the G7 however the mass majority of my devices over the last 5-6 years LG...actually pretty much since the V20..actually the Flex2...so however long ago that was lol

Highlighted

There were VoLTE issues with the Android 9 update, but those were resolved and the update was finally pushed out. There was one more update after that which was a security update along with VoLTE improvements. I have since upgraded to the V60, but I am keeping the G7 active on the "Unlimited on Us" line from June or July. Not keeping my hopes up for the G7

Highlighted
Journeyman

G7 deserves android 10 being a 2018 phone. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

thats what it was...i knew something was held up by VoLTE compatibility lol.

depending on how close to the 2 year marker it is it might not end up getting it..fingers crossed for yall though..

how you digging your V60? only random issue i run into is my screen will need a couple extra taps or the screen power button will need clicked a couple more times to wake it up..i think it gets hung up in the screen sleep stage here and there..

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat