cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bring my own G6

Go to solution
Master

Re: Bring my own G6

If you haven't already started working with someone, @Sprint_Juan has helped a number of people do this exact thing. Simply click his username and look for the big button that says Send a Message. This will send a private message to that Sprint rep. In the message, provide the following information,

• MEID
  • memory size (if available in more then 1 size)
  • MAC ID
  • Phone number you are swapping the device to
  • account PIN

DO NOT PUT THE ABOVE INFORMATION IN THIS THREAD. Make sure you only include it in the private message to the Sprint Rep.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I tried to contact @@sprint_juan but was instead assisted by @Sprint_Carlos.... he advised me that the phone was not supported on Sprint's system. That info contradicted what I'd been told from a few sources, including LG so I went back to all those sources and was surprised to find that all had updated their sites to reflect that the G6 997US was not supported on Sprint's network.

So, I'm back to phone shopping and quite disappointed as I really liked the G6. Thanks for checking up on me and for all your assistance!

GrandMaster

the G6 is supported but im a bit curious as to which one you have that makes it not supported. over seas version?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I realize that LG makes a Sprint (factory locked) version of the G6 but the model I'm referring to is #997US ... a factory unlocked, US version with CDMA and GSM bands. According to LG, the 997US works on the Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile and US Cellular networks but not on Sprint. @sprint_carlos made it clear that I would not be able to get the 997US activated by Sprint.

Master

That's a bummer. Sorry you couldn't get it hooked up.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat