Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Color Inversion, Android Nougat and LG V20 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Go to solution
Sprint Product Ambassador

Inversion.jpg

So take this word of advice when you get your LG V20, familiarize yourself with things. You have a bright new phone and a sparking new version of Android (Nougat).  Just realize there’s a lot of new stuff available to you and some new (often rather quick) ways to get there.  Knowing what is there and where to find it is very important.

Case in point: Android’s Color Inversion setting.  Now this is nothing new.  I recall seeing this option in early Android developer’s modes (which often had to be unlocked) and readily accessed in the Nexus Android N preview.  The intent of “Inversion Mode” is to provide a negative color palette of your working screen, which is said to be a little easier for some people to read (these people,  often with some degree of visual impairment).  Does it work?  I’m not really sure. Having good vision myself and the people I know with poor vision have really poor vision, some of these claims perhaps a bit more condition dependent.

Anyways, it’s just good to know this setting is there.

You generally would find the setting under: Settings >> General Tab >> Accessibility >> Vision >> (Scroll Down To) Screen Color Inversion.  This is going to be true with many new android devices and not just the V20.

When trying to turn it, Android will even warn you:

“Increases color contrast for people with low vision” and asks you again to “Turn On”

When enabled, your screen is a total negative, all text, images and graphics looking like the old developed film you would get back from the drug store. The screen will stay this way until you disable it again.

Why is it important to know this?  Well because on the LG V20, Color Inversion Mode also can be launched right from the notification panel and then without any added confirmation prompt warning you.

So here’s what happened with me:

I was toggling battery saver in that very notification panel (something I do from time to time) and obviously I hit the button next to where I wanted and quickly logged out. When I came back to the screen was of course in a negative color palette.  It wasn’t too hard to change back as I remembered where to look (Settings >> General Tab >> Accessibility >> Vision >> (Scroll Down To) Screen Color Inversion) but I was just puzzled how it got there. Not to mention worried for someone not as familiar with that mode.

That’s when I noticed where the icon was and that followed me quickly removing it from my notification panel.

Oh ya, removing icons from your notification panel is easy too.  With your panel fully pulled down, click “Edit” (on the bottom right hand side) tap and hold the icon you want to remove and simply drag it to the bottom where it shows you icons to add.

Whew, I wish I would have thought of that earlier.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

3 REPLIES 3
GrandMaster

Re: Color Inversion, Android Nougat and LG V20 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

i think it has something to do with people that are semi color blind. a certain color they just cant see or multiple. doing the color inversion would hopefully switch it up to a color they can see fine.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

I had a friend that was that way.  I might have to ask him next time we cross paths.  It's been a while.

@fireguy_6364 wrote:
i think it has something to do with people that are semi color blind. a certain color they just cant see or multiple. doing the color inversion would hopefully switch it up to a color they can see fine.

GrandMaster

when you find out post if you wouldnt mind. this would be a cool one to figure out how it actually helps.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat