cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G7 ThinQ Poor WiFi Reception?

Go to solution
Journeyman

G7 ThinQ Poor WiFi Reception?

Anyone else getting really poor WiFi reception? I have the G7 ThinQ as my work phone, and a GS10 for my personal device. GS10 has no problem seeing my 5GHz and holding the signal - G7 ThinQ shows half as many "bars" of reception and frequently loses it, finds it again, etc. 

Software version G710P14b

Build Number OPR1.170623.032

8 REPLIES 8
GrandMaster

Re: G7 ThinQ Poor WiFi Reception?

what all have you attempted so far to troubleshoot it? restart the phone? reset the network settings?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

The ol LG/Wifi love affair again.  Will they?  Won't they?  Who knows!  Yeah, this seems to be a common problem with the G7 and its predecessors.  What I noticed is it has problems with 5 GHz or switching from 2.4 to 5.0.  Some folks have said they have fixed it by turning off Smart Network Switch or by excluding WIFI under the battery management.  However, when I've seen this, 5.0 is always the common denominator.  During testing, if I disabled 5.0 on my router, it worked.  We've reported to LG and have been given updates, but the issue still continues.

@rcadden wrote:

Anyone else getting really poor WiFi reception? I have the G7 ThinQ as my work phone, and a GS10 for my personal device. GS10 has no problem seeing my 5GHz and holding the signal - G7 ThinQ shows half as many "bars" of reception and frequently loses it, finds it again, etc. 

Software version G710P14b

Build Number OPR1.170623.032

Journeyman

That's what I figured. I'm due for an upgrade on this line anyways, and there's a number of new things coming soon that I'm glad to wait for. Sad, cause otherwise I actually really like the G7. The 360-degree wallpapers is awesome (wish I could get it on my S10). 

Other frustration on the G7 is there's no quick settings shortcut to toggle the mobile hotspot like my GS10 has. Have to rummage through the settings like a caveman. 

GrandMaster

no quick settings up top there? as in none or just not the mobile hotspot one? the G6 has them and im able to edit them to the ones i use the most. nothing happens when you slide the top down then slide it down again?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Just not the mobile hotspot one. I've dug through the settings to see if maybe it was just hidden or whatever, but it's not there. Really annoying. 

GrandMaster

weird..i just jumped into the edit section on my G6 and same results..mobile hotspot is not a option in there...that is on LG...weird that they wouldnt include that in there as a quick option.

Journeyman

Does the G6 have the 360-degree wallpaper option? Cause if it does, I'd *highly* recommend checking it out. It's very cool. 

GrandMaster

lol it might...but im pretty true to the old saying..old dog new tricks lol. i have a ton of stuff on my phone but i keep it as simple as possible with as few windows as i can lol

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat