cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Unlocked LG G6 Invalid SIM

Journeyman

Help with Unlocked LG G6 Invalid SIM

I have an LG G6, currently active with Ting.  I am trying to switch to Google Fi but the phone won't recognize the Google Fi sim card.  I have verified with Sprint that the phone is unlocked, and that the sim card works in other devices.  I have reset network settings and performed a factory reset to no avail.

Can someone at Sprint help me with this?

7 REPLIES 7
Sprint Social Care

Re: Help with Unlocked LG G6 Invalid SIM

Hi Psychopav ! In order for us to be able to have the device unlocked, it needs to be active on our network and be on a Sprint account. Is this the case? If not, we won't be able to process an unlock request. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have verified with a Sprint phone rep that the phone IS unlocked.  This seems to be news to the phone. 

Sprint Social Care

If the device has never been activated on a Sprint account, it's not possible for us to unlock it. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

It was originally a sprint phone. I believe when Sprint unlocked it, it may not have been connected to WiFi. I would like the unlock signal to be resent. I am happy to provide my phone’s information via pm so that you can verify that it is already unlocked. I just need the phone to know it. 

Sprint Social Care

Let's help you out! Send me the account holder's name, phone number and security PIN or the answer to the security question, along with the IMEI of the phone. Click on my name and select "send a message"

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I hate the imei but not the original account info. If the phone is already unlocked can’t you simply resend the unlock signal without the account info?

Sprint Social Care

No, the account information is needed. To resend the unlock signal, I need to make sure the phone meet the requirements and on the account, I submit a case so the signal can be sent to the phone. 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat