cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't access LTE settings via ##3282# anymore on my LG V35 ThinQ

Journeyman

I can't access LTE settings via ##3282# anymore on my LG V35 ThinQ

I have the unlocked Amazon Prime exclusive LG V35 ThinQ.  When I first got the V35 ThinQ, I was able to access LTE settings via ##3282#.  Now, ever since I updated it to Android 9 Pie, I can no longer get into LTE settings. ##BRAND# and ##72763# no longer work anymore either. 

Please, don't tell me to get a Sprint branded device as I very much prefer the freedom of unlocked devices!  

Screenshot_20191028-155315~2.pngTrying to get into LTE settings 

9 REPLIES 9
GrandMaster

Re: I can't access LTE settings via ##3282# anymore on my LG V35 ThinQ

you might opt to contact LG on this one..unlocked device and for sure you didnt receive changes to it from Sprint seeing as how its not one of theirs.  this might have been a blooper on their end that isnt present in the carrier versions that slipped through.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 

Alrighty, I'll contact LG, and let's see what they can do to fix the ##3282#.

Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 

I contacted LG, and this is what LG had to say, "this would be related to the carrier. The update may have reverted the settings to default. I would recommend reaching out to the Sprint."

This is what I would like to have access to once again.

Screenshot_20191029-200016_IOTHiddenMenu.jpg##3282# LTE settings

Are you on WiFi when trying to do your profile and network resets? Try turning it off and then dialing out. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

GrandMaster

that is so weird.. the BRAND one only brings in carrier specific things...and the other one is the network reset.. when you attempt them does it kick up any notifications?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

just hollad at one of my contacts..he had to give me a refresher course..brain just aint in it today...anywho fully unlocked never on any carrier or built for any specific carrier device doesnt get the same updates as the V35 would be getting if it were a carrier specific device...they dont get carrier specific things added in and those along with fixes to said carrier specific things come along with those updates..so having that stuff added into a device that didnt start with it would kind of not work right.

this is still something LG needs to look into..im almost wondering if you need to perform a cache wipe and or worst case a FR to clear up the issue?

Journeyman

@OldGreg_Sprint 

I have tried every which way such as a combination of Airplay Mode on with Wi-Fi on, Wi-Fi off, Data on, Data off, and with Airplane Mode off with the same combinations as above.  Nothing does the trick.  

Oh well, at least, I can access ##3282# LTE and make changes to the LTE settings with my factory unlocked Samsung Galaxy devices.  I just wanted to access ##3282# LTE as I once was able to on my LG. 

@fireguy_6364 

It's just strange that I was able to get into ##3282# LTE when my V35 ThinQ was running Oreo.  Now, all I'm able to get into is Data Profile, EVDO, eHRPD, APN Settings, Browser, MMSC, SMS, and Advanced.  LG keeps insisting Sprint has locked me out of the LTE settings.  

Screenshot_20191031-170940~2.png##3282#

I'm able to bring up ##BRAND#, but it does nothing when I tap OK.

Screenshot_20191031-170906~2.png##BRAND#

GrandMaster

carriers wouldnt make changes to those though.. the odd part is im not seeing this reported anywhere else for this phone..at least not in my usual searches..wonder if you might need to perform a cache wipe or a factory reset? something might have went wonky and the device might be needing a refresh to put it all back right

Community Manager

It's ROM based.  If it was a Sprint ROM, it would do and have Sprint things.  Looking at the pic and the earlier post, it appears to be an unlocked ROM.  Carriers, in this case, Sprint, cannot make changes.

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

carriers wouldnt make changes to those though.. the odd part is im not seeing this reported anywhere else for this phone..at least not in my usual searches..wonder if you might need to perform a cache wipe or a factory reset? something might have went wonky and the device might be needing a refresh to put it all back right

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat