cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it worth it to get LG V50 with Tmobile merger looming?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is it worth it to get LG V50 with Tmobile merger looming?

Hello,

I can find a used LG v50  pretty easily.

Is it still worth it to get this phone. Specifically if it will work seamlessly after the merger is complete. Will it detect all flavors of 5G bands both low mid and possibly hi band if and when it becomes availabe on Tmobile? Or should I just wait or get the v60? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey. Good question. With the latest software version, the only LG device that's able to use 5G services at this time, with T-Mobile's Network Access (TNA) is the LG V60 ThinQ 5G. However, the V40 ThinQ, Tribute Royal, Tribute Empire, G7 ThinQ and G8 ThinQ will have an enhanced network experience with TNA. Remember, customers are pre-selected based on certain criteria (example; location, device, etc.) to get this experience. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was specifically wondering about 5G capability for now and into the future with all the upcomming 5G bands coming out? And specifically for the LG v50 and v60

Highlighted

Good morning! In that case at the moment the LG V60 ThinQ 5G is able to use 5G services at this time, with T-Mobile's Network Access (TNA). 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat