cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with BYOD activation on existing account

Highlighted
Journeyman

Issue with BYOD activation on existing account

I recently purchased two devices to upgrade devices on two of my existing lines. Both phones are LG K30 and they've appeared to have been issued for Boost, locked on the Sprint network. When trying to use the available online activation tool, upon entering the IMEI, I'm receiving the following error messages: phone 1 - "sorry but our records show you still owe sprint for this device", and phone 2 - "sorry but this phone can't be activated with sprint service". Further, the Sprint customer service (via chat) said that devices were not "loading" into the system. The seller swears the devices are ready to be activated on Sprint. One of the phones came with a Sprint SIM already installed (in settings/status brand is Sprint), while the other had no SIM card installed (in settings/status brand is Boost Mobile). Am I missing a step or is there anything that can be done? Please help. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Issue with BYOD activation on existing account

Hey, that's weird though but I'm here to help. Quick question, where exactly was the devices purchased from? Also what's the IMEI numbers of the devices? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello.

Thanks for the prompt reply. Both phones were purchased as "open box" from a large volume wireless devices seller on eBay. Is it safe to post the IMEI numbers on the public forum?

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Send me the numbers in a private message. Just to be clear, you're attempting to activate the devices to a current Sprint account or doing new lines under BYOD? 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat