cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 - UICC Unlock authentication error and "invalid SIM"

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G4 - UICC Unlock authentication error and "invalid SIM"

I paid off this device and went to another carrier in September 2017. I was told this phone was unlocked for both international and domestic CDMA/GSM use. I tried it abroad - no good. I tried it last week, and called Sprint Customer Care, went to a Sprint store, chatted with customer support twice. They keep telling me it is unlocked.

It is not. SIMs from other carriers show "invalid SIM" and I get an "Authentication Error" message when I attempt the UICC Unlock from System Updates. I have tried this with a new SIM as well as with the old Sprint UICC card. I've tried factory reset.

This phone was a very expensive brick. Please unlock it so I can actually use it.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: LG G4 - UICC Unlock authentication error and "invalid SIM"

Has anyone had success getting DSU to work on a Sprint LG G4?

I was told to make sure the phone is turned on for 5 days after my request last weekend. I have done that but there's still no change. Sprint reps keep saying the phone is unlocked according to their records.

Sprint Social Care

Hello ughh1, we'd like to take a look into this situation for you. I will send you a private message so we can get to work on your case. Please check your inbox once you are available.

Fausto
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have LG G7 Sprint. the seller says it's unlockedm but i have the same issue UICC Unlock authentication error and "invalid SIM"!

You can send me a PM with the IMEI of this phone and I can take a look. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Re: LG Dynasty- UICC Unlock authentication error and "invalid SIM"

I have same problem with LG Dynesty, please help to unlock the phone.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat