cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 Invalid SIM

Journeyman

LG G5 Invalid SIM

Hello, I have an issue with my LG G5 LS992. I bought it on eBay. The seller told me the phone is fully functional with no issues. And 100% unlocked. I am from Ukraine. When the phone cameto me I turned it on, turned Wi-Fi on. The phone asked me to update. I updated it to the last LG G5 Sprint update. Then I inserted a SIM-card of my Ukrainian carrier (Kyivstar). The phone showed me "Invalid SIM". What I should to do? Help me please.
P.S. Sorry for my English.

17 REPLIES 17
GrandMaster

Re: LG G5 Invalid SIM

contact the seller and inform them it is not unlocked..if they can not get it unlocked i would return it. the seller must be the one to unlock it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

The seller has 7.5k feedbacks and almost 99% positive. He told me two times the phone has no issues. It is unlocked 100%.
GrandMaster

you can try to perform a factory reset on it..but if its saying invalid sim card im guessing its not unlocked. one of the agents in here can try to check but if its locked again or still then the seller will need to contact Sprint to get it unlocked again.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thank you for the reply. I will be waiting for agent's answer. Maybe he will help me with 100% information of the phone.
Journeyman

I found this. I need exactly international unlock? Maybe the phone is unlocked for domestic SIMs. In the end of the end I have bought it on eBay. The seller is from the states. So, maybe he unlocked it not for international using? Just let me know if I wrong...

GrandMaster

usually if they are unlocking it to be used on another carrier both international and domestic unlocks are done.

Sprint Social Care

Hey m4uk. Thanks for reaching out. Fireguy_6364 is right, if the SIM you are inserting is not working, the device may is still locked. In order for us to unlock the device we need to create a case and access the account. The account owner will need to contact us with the account information. Also, unlocking a device simply means overriding operational parameters restricting the device to operating on Sprint's network. Even if unlocked, either through an MSL unlock code or a DSU unlock, Sprint devices may not work on another carrier's network. Whether an unlocked Sprint device can be used on another carrier's network is subject to that carrier's policies and network compatibilities. Additionally, Sprint devices, which the owner has attempted to reprogram or activate on another carrier's network or otherwise altered from its initial programming or settings, may not be able to be reactivated on the Sprint network.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

So I have to contact the seller and ask him about the account information? But what if the seller is not original owner? I have to give you the account information now?
Sprint Social Care

Hey f1m4uk. Yes, you would have to contact the seller and have the seller contact us if they are the account owner. If the seller is not the original owner, the seller must contact the owner. Remember, you are asking to have the device internationally unlocked. If the device is not within the US the device must remain on Wi-Fi with the Sprint SIM card in the device in order to receive the Unlock update.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have the same problem except I have no way of contacting the seller i did a factory reset and now it tells me invalid sim

Wizard

Oh no! Sounds like the phone wasn't properly unlocked in the first place. I will send you a private message so I can get some information.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat