cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 Invalid SIM

Journeyman

Re: LG G5 Invalid SIM

im having the same issue i called sprint last night and the lady gave me the msl code 022588 and said the phone was unlocked but still unable to switch to metro pcs i called sprint back today and was greeted by the rudest lady when i asked for a manager i never got one when i asked for her name and id she refused to give it to me can anyone help
Wizard

Good morning @johnw714. You've come to the right place. The only time an MSL code is given is if the phone was released before February 2015. Your phone was released 4/23/2016; if the phone qualifies for unlock, I can submit a ticket to have the unlock signal sent. Here's some tips on how to set the phone up to ensure a successful unlock SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks I need some additional info, I'm sending you a PM now. 

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Hi, Dear, I am overseas (Pakistan) and I got an android update. I updated my LG G5 phone to Nougat 7.0 lastest updates before that i was used my G5 on my country local network. Now my phone says invalid sim and appears to be locked. I am not first user of such devices and I am not know fisrt uses. My phone wifi is unlocked and but show Invalid Sim show to me. Any help out there? I am try to hardrest my devices I have two devices of same model LG  LS992 (G5). Both are in same state. I shall be very grate full to you .
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hi PT917.  Please send us a private message with the IMEI of each phone, and we should be able to assist. 

Thank Yours kindly quick reply I will send you PM with 1 hours

Journeyman

Dear please checked yours PM.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat