cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 ls992 and Mint SIM

Journeyman

LG G5 ls992 and Mint SIM

I purchased my phone through Sprint a couple years ago and have recently needed to switch providers to Mint Mobile. I've spoken with Sprint multiple times and they assure me the phone has been unlocked but when I put the new SIM in the phone displays a message of "Invalid SIM" and I do not have any options to modify/add APN settings.

Doing some research into this, it looks like a lot of people have run into similar problems and it looks like it's probably related to an update - software version LS992ZVF.

After spending most of last Saturday driving to multiple Sprint stores and calling Sprint multiple times to try and get help, being hung up on _twice_ by Sprint, I was told my phone would be unlocked and to expect an email Tuesday or Wednesday to confirm. I received an email tonight(Tuesday) saying my phone is unlocked... It is not, other provider's SIMs do not work, and judging by the problems others have had, I don't expect a simple unlock will do the trick. The email 'confirming' the unlock was sent from noreply@sprint.com so there is no way to follow up. Hence this post.

I've been a customer for about 15 years. I do not have another phone or service lined up, but at this point I will not be going back to Sprint.

16 REPLIES 16
GrandMaster

Re: LG G5 ls992 and Mint SIM

was your phone turned on with the Sprint sim card in it while connected to WIFI when they said you would get a notification that it is unlocked?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

It sure was.

It's apparently been unlocked since I initially bought it because I bought it up front.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Let me do some checking on this for you. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.

I'm going to get an escalation together for this. I'm going to send you a private message to get some account and phone info. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Hi there,

I got the same issue here, my LG G5 showed invalid sim as well. Could you please help me out also, thanks

cp6211, is your phone with Mint? 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

No. I tried most of the carriers' sim other than sprint, all of them showed invalid sim. I called and online chat with sprint couple times, they are all sure the phone has been unlocked for domestic and international. Thanks

If the system says that the phone is unlocked and it's still reading locked through the phone, then it didn't receive the unlock signal. To receive the unlock signal, the phone needs to have a Sprint SIM in it, it needs to be powered on, and connected to WiFi. Was the phone on your Sprint account?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Actually I upgraded to another phone couples months ago but I did try what you mentioned yesterday. I swapped to LG G5 and made sure I could use it to call and web browsing. Then I tried UICC unlock but failed. I tried couple times with/without WIFI.
Currently I swapped back to my primary phone but I can put the sim back to G5 if needed.

You'll need the Sprint SIM in the G5 for 2 business days. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

Oh, I see. Will try to see the issue will be solved or not. Thanks for the info.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat