cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G5 not receiving some text messages

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G5 not receiving some text messages

My LG G5 has started to randomly miss SMS and MMS text messages about 3 to 4 months ago.  It appears random.  It happens with random people in my contact list. (it is not consistent who.)  Sometimes one contact will send three SMS text messages within 10 minutes and one or two of them will never show up on my phone.  I know this from talking to the person who send the text directly.  They are not getting any error message and there does not appear to be any consistency regarding carrier or phone type of the sender.  Prior to about 4 months ago there were no problems.  I have factory reset the phone, updated the PRL, profile, firmware, and LG software (LS992ZVF).  I have deleted all SMS and MMS messages to be sure there is no problem with memory.  I am using the default messaging application and have never used anything else for messaging.  I am running the Android 7.0, security patch Feb 1, 2018, kernel version 3.18.31, build number NRD90U and security software version MDF v2.0 Release 4.  All apps are up to date.  I have turned on an off the phone to see if this would help.  It does not.  Our zip code is 54211 but we do travel and it happens when we are outside of this zip code.  No apparent problems with voice calls or web page downloads.

Please help.  Using SMS is becoming an unreliable way to communicate using this phone on the Sprint network.

Tags (5)
6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: LG G5 not receiving some text messages

Howdy jpceyoung1. This sounds super frustrating. I've looked to see if there are any known issues regarding the SMS or MMS, and I'm not seeing anything on our end. It appears that the only reset that doesn't appear to have been completed, is the network setting reset. Let's give that a quick try and see if that helps. 

To complete this on you phone, please dial ##72786#.  

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

Thanks, I did the network setting reset from the General/backup & reset menu yesterday evening.  But it still did not solve the problem.  Just checked again and a text from a family member with an iPhone on another carrier was never received on my LG G5 phone.  They tried both SMS and MMS messages.  

I did find that others are reporting a similar problem with the LG G5.  Post 9045345275 on the 
Sprint community is an example.  I also found some other boards reporting a similar problem with a general Google or Bing search.

Thanks for all the info so far. One additional thing I'm curious about - are the SMS/MMS messages having issues going out to both Android and iPhone users, or only one or the other?

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

We have had problems with missing text messages from both Android and iPhones.

Got it, thanks for confirming. I'm going to drop you a PM to get some additional info so we can take a closer look at things. Keep an eye out for a message from me shortly. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Journeyman

Thanks

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat