Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 Android Oreo (8.0) update

Journeyman

Re: LG G6 Android Oreo (8.0) update

That it only works once?

Community Manager

Yes, it's working now correct? Or did you mean it worked only one time?  I read it as it's working once you re-paired it again.  Is that not the case?

Journeyman

Yes it only worked one time after repairing.
Community Manager

Well that is the total opposite of coolio.  I do not have a LG with me, but can you reset Bluetooth?  Usually, it's Settings - System - Advanced - Reset options - Reset Wifi, Mobile & Bluetooth.  If not, may want to consider a hard reset.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im not sure im going to reset since ive swen in other forums people having similar problems with ither phones after oreo update and reset did not help. Only turning off extra features in the bluetooth stereo. My stereo doesnt allow me to decide which features are turned on of off and it turns out turning off call audio does not disable phonebook access i've found out. Itseems like Google strikes again with inconsiderate changes in the name of progress like those battery notifications or not being able to assign an sms ringer for each person.

Journeyman

I wound up doing a factory reset because of Bluetooth issues. Kept getting a Bluetooth stopped error. Tried clearing cache, and reset Bluetooth app first. But doing that didn't help.

Haven't had anymore issues with it since the reset

Journeyman

Youre lucky i was only getting that before the update.

Journeyman

I'm having issues where some apps are no longer scaling the display (when running horizontally, leaving the delightful black bars on both sides....), but they seem to think they are, so on the edges of the screen when I try to touch / interact with something, the position the app is thinking i am touching 1-2 finger widths closer inside than I actually am.

I've noticed this mainly on games, and I've gone into the display -> App scaling, and these same apps are no longer listed in the app scaling list.  

Is anyone else having that issue / Is this a known issue?

GrandMaster

what apps are they? they might need their devs to kick out an update to make it compatible with Oreo..not unheard of for some devs to be a tad bit behind the curve..main reason im thinking this is its not affecting all apps..just certain ones.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

One of them that I've noticed current is called DragonSoul, the other is Scopely's The Walking Dead: Road to survival.

I haven't checked many more apps yet, since I was thinking it might be an app by app thing, but I thought I would check since I know other's have had Oreo available to their devices for longer than just one week now through other carriers or countries, so I would have imagined it would have been addressed already.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing those apps and they still haven't shown up on the app scaling list (they were both there prior to the Oreo update).

Community Manager

I don't think it's a problem with the LG specifically, but Oreo.  I have the same problem with DragonSoul on my Pixel.  Shoot the devs an email at support@dragonsoul.zendesk.com.

GrandMaster

that makes me think its more of a compatibility deal between the apps and Oreo..for sure look for an update to make them compatible with Oreo.

i still have yet to jump on this update..just havent had the time to put towards it and checking it out (graduations, birthday chaos etc) so i havent pulled the trigger just yet..but one of the games i play is constantly kicking out updates for compatibility as well as bug fixes etc..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat