cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 Android Oreo (8.0) update

Community Manager

Re: LG G6 Android Oreo (8.0) update

OOOOOH.  App conflict.  Sooooo...you can either check for update, delete data or uninstall and reinstall the app.  I would go with uninstalling and reinstall.

GrandMaster

out of all my apps this one is constantly getting updates fired to it..i would say at least one a week to two weeks if that usually.

but yeah...that and the cache/partition wipe are on my list of things to try and remember to do lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

"Hey Google!  Set reminder for me to wipe cache partition!"

Community Manager

Or did you manage to upset Google?  LOLOLOLOL

GrandMaster

old dog new tricks..

i have given up on talk to text or anything where speaking to the phone so it can figure out what im saying after the text i forgot to proof read that i said "just a bit further up there" and it up and decided "just a bit foreskin up there" was what i probably wanted to send

my poor mom...well not really..shes almost as much or a smart arse as i am..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Congratulation!  You just won the internet!

GrandMaster

lol...when dealing with me whether it be online or face to face you will NEVER know what might happen second to second lol.
Journeyman

Any hope of a fix or update to 8.1? I contacted LG to no avail. They insisted that my phone was paired to too many devices. I tried your suggestion AVRCP 1.4 1.5 and 1.6 gave same results' my wife's S8 works fine in my car. I confirmed with pioneer that the unit supports avrcp 1.5.

Community Manager

@od1nsnymn wrote:

Any hope of a fix or update to 8.1? I contacted LG to no avail. They insisted that my phone was paired to too many devices. I tried your suggestion AVRCP 1.4 1.5 and 1.6 gave same results' my wife's S8 works fine in my car. I confirmed with pioneer that the unit supports avrcp 1.5.

To be honest, I have no clue.  I have seen no test cases for 8.1 for the G6. So, not sure if there will be 8.1 or if they will go to P.  By the time P rolls around, the G6 will be close to the end of life stage.

Journeyman

Are the stores setup to flash the old version? New firmware is not worth the headaches it's caused.

Community Manager

@od1nsnymn wrote:

Are the stores setup to flash the old version? New firmware is not worth the headaches it's caused.

No, only can flash forward.

Journeyman

Lg replaced my phone for an unrelated priblem. Still have this terrible Bluetooth problem. May have to take my wife's note.. It works fine. Lg said i would have to get ZVA from Sprint or just DIY nougat which royally sucks.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat