cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 Android Oreo (8.0) update

GrandMaster

Re: LG G6 Android Oreo (8.0) update

not sure if you were responding to my response or sprintguys but my response was to sprintguy

which to add onto it..just took a quick look at TMO..the Oreo update for their G6 has been in development stage..... since early April..as well as stuck at the same Security patch as we are..safe to say where the current hold up is.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

you actually asked your question in a different G6  Oreo thread but responded in here after one of our posts flagged you a notification that someone has posted lol

@dnorway71 wrote:

Easy there sally, I simply asked for an update - who do you think would hear from LG first, Sprint or us?  I'm asking Sprint if they have heard any dates from LG.  

Slow your roll 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Didn't mean to come off as terse as I did.

I meant to say that this isn't normal. This delay is definitely not Sprint's fault, which is why I didn't say anything about them in my post. This is entirely LG's fault, and I think people who read these forums should be aware of LG's terrible after sales support and refrain from spending money on LG phones in the future.

Community Manager

Man, y'all crack me up.  Calling each other "Sally" and "Sport".  I'll reach out to my contact with LG and see if they tell me anything.  Seeing as no other carriers has it out and it was promised last month by LG, methinks there may have been some hiccups.

Journeyman

Looks like Verizon released Oreo to at least one guy out there: https://redd.it/8ki47r

And T-Mobile just pushed a security update: https://redd.it/8kjc2l

Community Manager

Just heard back from my homeboy at LG and all he said was "Soon".  It appears it's in our labs for testing also, so the "soon" makes sense.  I tried to get more info from him, but "soon" was all he was willing to give.

Journeyman

Thanks for the update!!

GrandMaster

yeah sadly LG has always been this way..but once they finish out their LG (cant remember what they were calling it..update group? all i know is they were putting together something for updates etc)..things SHOULD improve time frame wise on when they kick out..time will tell..but prior to this...yeah..what you see is for sure what you got lol. 

only one that was worse was Motorola for a while there.

@sprint_guy00 wrote:

Didn't mean to come off as terse as I did.

I meant to say that this isn't normal. This delay is definitely not Sprint's fault, which is why I didn't say anything about them in my post. This is entirely LG's fault, and I think people who read these forums should be aware of LG's terrible after sales support and refrain from spending money on LG phones in the future.

Journeyman

lol, 'soon' should be an LG trademark!

Thanks for checking with your friend!

GrandMaster

i'll have to locate the new thing they are doing that is supposed to speed all of this up..if that finally gets finished they might jump up the list of who kicks them out quicker..but last i read that new system thingy wont be done until late May/into June.

im a lil bit excited...especially since im coming from the HTC fanboy side of things..but my last 3 or 4 devices have been LG..

Journeyman

Haha, I think this may just be my first and last LG device.

As for that update thing, I think it's all marketing.

LG listed this phone under the 'Android for Enterprise' moniker for months but it hasn't gotten a single security update in months (supposed to be every three months under that program), and they listed it as having 8.0.

Community Manager

Can I interest you into the LG G7 ThinQ?  Preorder starts on the 25th!  Ha!  I kid.  Sweet phone though.  

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat