cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 Android Oreo (8.0) update

GrandMaster

Re: LG G6 Android Oreo (8.0) update

once i got used to it i actually like the LG line..minus the wait on updates etc..but i have a feeling that new system deal they are doing is to help fix this..you know..if and when they actually get it fully up and going lol.

shoot..forgot to search it out again lol

software update center...thats what it was called.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

man, you are really optimistic haha

I need whatever you're on!!

Let's hope you're right!

Journeyman

Android authority says Verizon just started rolling out Oreo on the G6.  Tick tock Sprint!

GrandMaster

at this point being optimistic is all you can do lol. im by far not new to the whole waiting game when it comes to android devices..but if they are creating something to help speed up kicking out updates then they probably know they have some issues and are a bit lacking in that area lol...or at least we can hope they know.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

FWIW, I chatted with Sprint this morning.  Here is part of the transcript.

Heart R. : Can you please provide a little more clarification on your question or concern?
You : Now that Verizon has released Oreo to the LG G6, I was wondering if Sprint now had a time frame when this will happen for us
Heart R. : Thanks for sharing. I'll be glad to check that one for you, J!
Heart R. : Thank you for your patience, I will have the information shortly.
You : no worries mate
Heart R. : Thank you for waiting.
Heart R. : I have a great news for you, J!
You : i like great news!
Heart R. : I have confirmed here that the Oreo update is already available to all Sprint Customers!
You : Well thats good. I could not find anything online about it. How do I get it?
Heart R. : Nothing to worry, we regard to this application or feature on your phone, we have a dedicated Technical team that will do the work for you. All you have to do is to contact them to have further assist you in setting up this Oreo update and will provide more information with regard to this.
Heart R. : Please call 1-888-211-4727 and select the technical team option. Be sure to call from another phone to enable testing.
You : That's strange. It should just be an OTA update. No worries. I will call them. Thanks for the info
Journeyman

I think 'Heart R' is misinformed...lol. Sigh

Journeyman

Has anyone called that number?  I tried to update and nothing.....

Journeyman

That's just the general support number afaik.

The update isn't out yet, LG seems to release updates on Monday's/Friday's so we'll just have to wait.

Journeyman

Guess I was wrong about Mon./Fri., the EU G6 just got Oreo, it was released today.
Journeyman

Verizon got it this past Monday :-)

GrandMaster

correct. keep in mind that even though its Oreo it does not contain the same things. each carrier has their own add ins the manufacturers must put in there..and thats where the delays come in..if they add the carriers stuff in and for example they run into issues with Sprints add ins then they must figure out why and figure out a fix..if the add ins go smoothly and the testing comes back good then that carrier gets to release the update quicker than the others that ran into issues.

^^ this here is why you see delays..heck there are times large OS updates get pushed out by Sprint before the others..just depends on whos goes the smoothest lol.

Journeyman

Sprint needs to stop doing that.  I don't want half the bs that they install on the phones they sell.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat