cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 Android Oreo (8.0) update

Journeyman

Re: LG G6 Android Oreo (8.0) update

yeah, I can't imagine they get the bang for their buck with all the bloat they put on there.  They need to pay attention to the environment and take some of Google's market share and compete with their Pixel phones and make them pure Android

GrandMaster

thats the name of the game when you purchase a carrier branded device no matter the carrier. bloat..but with carrier branded devices you also receive things like wifi calling that is usually carrier specific..so good comes in with it as well as the bad.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I wouldn't consider WiFi calling bloat, and I think 'stock' android phones can do it as well.

I'm talking about the Sprint Hub, Lookout, Facebook, Instagram, games I don't care about, and etc. that Sprint seems happy to stick on their phones.

The only reason why those other apps are installed is because Sprint gets a nice fat check from those companies to put their apps on Sprint's phones. In the case of Facebook and Instagram, you can't even uninstall them, you can only disable them. I don't like that.

GrandMaster

be glad you can disable them. i remember back when we couldnt even do that.

i cant think of a single carrier that DOESNT include bloat on their devices...only ones free of that are the Nexus type devices.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

main reason i mentioned wifi calling was the carrier doesnt add that into updates etc..the manufacturer does after its requested by the carrier. main reason delays happen with OS update launches..they add the code in for the additional stuff and whalla..problems pop up...then they have to fix it...then send it out for testing by their group and the carriers testers..and once it clears they get the go ahead by the carrier to fire it out..if it doesnt clear then its back to the manufacturer and carrier to try and figure out the issues and fix them..wash rinse repeat..

you would be surprised at how many people dont know how its fully worked start to finish..or the back and forth needed at times

with the Nexus/Google devices its WAY easier..zero additions usually means way less bugs to work out.

Journeyman

The update is out, with the May 1st security patch.

Journeyman

well, I'll be damned. Downloading now!  Odd that the firmware update came up with nothing, oreo is downloading from the LG Update menu

GrandMaster

im waiting until yall download it...ever cautious on my side lol.

Community Manager

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

im waiting until yall download it...ever cautious on my side lol.

LOL!  Don't be scared!

GrandMaster

im to old school lol. i tend to wait until i see how its working out...then when im at home with my wifi connection i jump on it. '

'

i tend to wait a couple days after a release...old school habits

Journeyman

so far so good with Oreo.  Although I have the typical Sprint ID download/install failure that I've gotten with each Security update along the way.  Any way to fix this?

Journeyman

Here is the error that persists after clearing app cache from Sprint apps and clearing data and a rebootCapture+_2018-05-29-12-35-43.png

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat