Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 (LS993) MSL/UICC - IMEI Confirmation Request

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G6 (LS993) MSL/UICC - IMEI Confirmation Request

Greetings Sprint Social Care and Community:

I am in the process of purchasing a refurbished/used LG G6 (LS993). The seller has provided me the IMEI.

Could one of you fine support team member please help me lookup/confirm the IMEI to see if it is eligible to be SIM Unlocked for use domestically and internationally?

Thank you for your support.

-GP

Tags (4)
5 REPLIES 5
GrandMaster

Re: LG G6 (LS993) MSL/UICC - IMEI Confirmation Request

if it has not been unlocked yet the seller will need to get this taken care of prior to you purchasing it..if not i dont believe it can happen without them contacting Sprint themselves..which means you are with a brick until that actually happens.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

Hello @GoldenPho3nix. Validation is required to ensure unlock eligibility. Since you're not the original owner, besides the MEID/IMEI we need at least the Sprint account name or number last attached to that device. Please ask that info to the Sprint owner who's selling you the phone and send it via Private Message. Just click on my name and select "Send a message". Visit www.sprint.com/unlock for details of our unlock policy.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

@Sprint_Carloswrote:

Hello @GoldenPho3nix. Validation is required to ensure unlock eligibility. Since you're not the original owner, besides the MEID/IMEI we need at least the Sprint account name or number last attached to that device. Please ask that info to the Sprint owner who's selling you the phone and send it via Private Message. Just click on my name and select "Send a message". Visit www.sprint.com/unlock for details of our unlock policy.

Would I still need their account number if it is a refurbished phone? Thanks. I'll send you the IMEI now while I wait for a response from them.

GrandMaster

if it is locked still then yes they will need the prior owners contact info etc. since that was the last person that owned it the unlock must go through them. its a safety measure for theft etc.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I just received the unit it is capable of being activated on the Sprint BYOD plan. Hopefully, the team here can unlock else I could have the device activated on Sprint network for 50 days then have it unlocked correct?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat