cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 Pie?

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G6 Pie?

When will the G6 receive an update for security or even receive Android 9 Pie?

It has been about 6 months since the last update and it's getting me worried.

33 REPLIES 33
Highlighted

We'll let you know as soon as we have any news on our end.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Highlighted
GrandMaster

i cant remember but how many large OS updates have we received on the G6 so far? i know we received 8.0 but cant remember if we started out on 6.0 or 7.0.

reason im bringing this up is most Android devices will receive 2 large OS updates in their lifetime..so if we started off on 6.0 were pretty much at our lifetime limit..if we started off on 7.0 then there is still a chance we might get 9.0

for what its worth though...LG has never been the quickest when it came to updates whether it be security patches, OS updates or bug fixes/patches

@Fireblaze13 wrote:

When will the G6 receive an update for security or even receive Android 9 Pie?

It has been about 6 months since the last update and it's getting me worried.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

The LG G6 came out with Android 7 Nougat so the last major OS update it should receive is Android 9 Pie.  The LG G5 came with Android 6 Marshmallow.

Highlighted

so going off that we should get 9 unless LG pulls the plug on it due to issues and or incompatibility for some reason.

i can only think of a small handful of phones that have ever received only one OS update in its lifetime. my memory isnt the greatest but i dont remember any of them being a LG

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Spoiler
I was told many times Q3  then it was for sure Q4..... it's 2020, pretty sure it's back to Q1

When??  When is it this time..  It's available for most others why not now. Yeah bugs are creeping up on the phone but it still runs even 4K videos so we haven't updated as often as we should.  It's unlikely after the horrid experience with LG I'll touch them ever again.  They make great everything else but apparently firmware /software isn't one of them.  

Highlighted

my G6 went ex GF crazy on me and now im running the G8 with 10...

Highlighted

took a quick look at it looks like ATT and V have Pie on their G6 however TMO also does not have Pie on their G6 as of 2/1/20 either...not sure what the hold up might be other than issues ran into possibly

Highlighted

think T Mobile owns Sprint now. so it's all in the same thing. so I'd think if Sprint doesn't have it T Mobile wouldn't either
Highlighted

that would be a negative..

and there would be two different updates pushed anyways since one still contains Sprint stuff and the other contains TMO stuff that gets added in upon request from the carrier by the manufacturer...not to mention different testing for the different connections each company has..not much of a point to test the GSM bands seeing as how Sprint is CDMA/LTE and so on.

Highlighted

last I heard in October it was a go. Something changed? I figured thats why we got the Pixel suddenly for Sprint as only a few companies had it including T-Mobile. I'd prefer the Pixel. Since a google device would for sure get updates faster
Highlighted

and directly...thats one thing they have going for them...just like Apple updates Sprint doesnt have any doings with their updates...

with that being said LG has never been the fastest with updates...or bug fixes lol..however they DO make a pretty solid phone though..being a HTC fan boy i have yet to not like my LGs so far.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat