cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG - G6 Software Update - ver. LS993ZV5 Bug fix

Go to solution
GrandMaster

LG - G6 Software Update - ver. LS993ZV5 Bug fix

Software Version: LS993ZV5 Release Date: 4/24/2017 Method: Available Over the Air-************* Fixes: Fixes an issue that could cause your device to indicate that it is corrupted Allows your phone to work correctly with all wireless chargers************
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: LG - G6 Software Update - ver. LS993ZV5 Bug fix

It seems after last night's update the caller ID app is force stopping every time I go to the phone app. This is preventing me from making a phone call. Will they be issuing another update to fix the caller ID app?

Journeyman

I just had the same thing happen once I updated a few minutes ago

How to fix the issue - go to apps, click on caller ID app, click on computing data, clear data to 0 - phone should work now

GrandMaster

what update is your phones showing? this update was released over a month ago so im a bit curious to see if its the same update or if something newer was released and i just havent heard about it yet.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thank you. That fixed my problem.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue.

What a lovely update. Nice of them to test it first.

So when I go to Apps, Caller ID I do not see Computing Data only "Data".

And when I click on that there are just figures for Foreground and Background but nothing I can adjust to zero.

This is ridiculous 

Any suggestions?

Journeyman

@Thom_run wrote:

I am having the same issue.

What a lovely update. Nice of them to test it first.

So when I go to Apps, Caller ID I do not see Computing Data only "Data".

And when I click on that there are just figures for Foreground and Background but nothing I can adjust to zero.

This is ridiculous 

Any suggestions?

Settings, Apps, Caller ID, Storage, Clear Data. Hope that helps, it solved my issues. (So far...) Now if only the bluetooth issue was as easily fixed!

GrandMaster

i received an update last night that now has me at LS993ZV6. contained what looked like another security update and a fix for wifi calling. is this the update you guys are talking about that messed this up or which update are you guys on?
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat