cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 activation

Journeyman

LG G6 activation

Which of the following sub-models of the LG G6 can be activated on the Sprint network:

* US997

* LS993

Thank you.

9 REPLIES 9
GrandMaster

Re: LG G6 activation

LG

G7 fit
G7 ThinQ (G710ULM)

G8 ThinQ

Stylo 4 (Q710UL)

V30S (US998)

V35 ThinQ (V350ULM)

V40 ThinQ (LM-V405QA)

X charge (US 601)

oddly enough the G6 is no longer showing up on the list however i just switched from my G6 to my current G8..if you dont get a response i'll try to remember to check which model it was.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thank you. Should you get a chance to check your G6, I'm not sure if the sub-model # is on the back of the phone, but it can be found in the phone's settings as follows:

Settings > General > About phone > Hardware info > Model number

(Screen shots here: LG Help Library: Locating model and serial number | LG Canada.)

You may already know that, but I'm including it in case anyone else stops by this thread who has a G6.

Community Manager

If it's a BYOD, we do not accept the LG G6 for BYOD.  If it's Sprint branded, then it's LS993.

@traskada wrote:

Which of the following sub-models of the LG G6 can be activated on the Sprint network:

* US997

* LS993

Thank you.

Journeyman

They're all BYOD, in this context anyway. So just to be clear, if I buy a used LS993 off of ebay, Sprint will activate it, yes?

The US997 is an unlocked variant with radio support for all four major US carriers, including Sprint. Why won't Sprint accept it?

In general, does Sprint not accept BYOD devices that aren't Sprint-branded, or is it only the G6?

Community Manager

If it is a Sprint-branded LS993 off eBay, you can activate it on Sprint.

Given the age of that model, I do not recall why it is not accepted on Sprint.  It could be Voice and/or Data radios, but that model is not loaded into our database.

We accept a whole slew of BYOD devices.

@traskada wrote:

They're all BYOD, in this context anyway. So just to be clear, if I buy a used LS993 off of ebay, Sprint will activate it, yes?

The US997 is an unlocked variant with radio support for all four major US carriers, including Sprint. Why won't Sprint accept it?

In general, does Sprint not accept BYOD devices that aren't Sprint-branded, or is it only the G6?

Journeyman

So unlocked phones that are branded for AT&T, T-Mobile, or Verizon, but have radio support for Sprint?

GrandMaster

to be honest i would just follow the list in this link..its updated decently often and unless its on said list (in some cases with additional notes next to the model numbers including if certain carrier versions are allowed or not allowed) it cant be added in.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Device-Solutions/ANSWER-Is-My-Phone-Eligible-for-BYOD-with-Sprint/ta...

as an example of the notes i mentioned above i'll use the shorter Google list

Google Nexus/Pixel
Google Nexus 5

Google Nexus 5X

Google Nexus 6

Nexus 6P

Pixel

Pixel 2

Pixel 2 XL

Pixel 3

Pixel 3 XL (Verizon Pixel 3XL models are not eligible for BYOD due to hardware limitation)

Pixel 3a (Verizon Pixel 3a models are not eligible for BYOD due to hardware limitation)

Pixel 3aXL (Verizon Pixel 3aXL models are not eligible for BYOD due to hardware limitation)

so normally the Pixel line can be added without any issues..however since Verizon sells them they have embedded things the regular Pixels wouldnt normally have in them and that can not be removed which is why the added notes are included above and highlighted...well bolded lol

Pixel XL

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

There's a few problems with the list:

1. There seems to be some question about whether it's complete. The subject of this thread (the LG G6 LS993/Sprint) isn't on it, and a user above remarked that he had a G6 activated on Sprint. (Although it's possible that Sprint simply stopped accepting new activations at some point.)

2. Another suggestion that the list might be incomplete is that it's not very long. And some of the phones Sprint does accept are either ancient or garbage. The G6 is neither. So if that list is in fact complete, then it doesn't reflect well on Sprint.

3. The fact that it mentions specific carrier-branded models that Sprint doesn't accept automatically implies that all other carrier-branded models are accepted. I'm guessing that's not true, so once again, it's not a good list as-is.

GrandMaster

1-i would be the former G6 owner that posted above 😉

2-the site admin is the other poster in here...he pointed out that if its a Sprint variant you purchase 3rd party then yes it can be activated..he also pointed out he didnt remember the reasoning behind not allowing the unlocked versions or other carriers unlocked G6s. heck Verizon will only allow in the direct from LG unlocked version only..nothing from any other carriers.

3-the list implies nothing other than if you are trying to bring in a device...those are the ones accepted..nothing more..nothing less..and if there ARE restrictions with any of the listed ones..those were pointed out in bold by yours truly... (<<~~if not they would just be in between these lil fellers~~>>)

i take it you havent checked any of the other carriers lists to see the same type of things in theirs?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat