cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 not actually unlocked.

Journeyman

LG G6 not actually unlocked.

I have purchased a Sprint branded LG G6 from my friend that is 100% paid off. He called Sprint customer service before giving to me to make sure it was unlocked. Both of us have confirmed with Tech Support that it is indeed unlocked, both domestic and international, and no restrictions on the IMEI. They even gave my friend the MSL code, and on my last call to tech support, I confirmed that it was indeed the correct code. So fully unlocked.

However, I'm still getting (Invalid SIM error) with my AT&T sim. I've called Sprint dozens of times over the last couple of weeks and all they can tell me is that it's unlocked on their side. When I try a UICC unlock I get the error, "The profile update could not be completed. Please try again later."  

After reading through several posts here, in the Sprint community, I think it's very possible that he had already moved over to his new phone when the unlock signal was sent. (I even talked with him about this, and he says, "yeah, probably") 

I've expressed this alllllll to tech support, and they say they can't do anything, that they have no way to resend an unlock signal. I currently have my Sprint sim in the phone, and am very hopeful that support here will PM me, and be able to resend the unlock signal, so I can UICC unlock this properly and get this working with my AT&T sim.

Please and Thank You!

6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Social Care

Re: LG G6 not actually unlocked.

Hello Sc4ryb3ar!

Please note that an unlocked device does not necessarily work or is interoperable with another carrier's network. Sprint devices are specifically designed to function on the Sprint Network and Sprint's frequencies and technologies.

Since you are not the original owner of the device, I might be able to review this for you if you have the original owner's full name or the account number.

I'll be sending you a private message, please check your inbox and get back to me when you have a chance.

Learn more about unlocking a device:

Hints for Successful Unlocks
Sprint Unlock Policy
FAQs about unlocking

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Kelvin, I have Pm'd you and am hopeful for a resolution soon.
Sprint Social Care

Thanks for the information. I will be right back with you.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

once the agent starts getting all of this taken care of make absolute sure the phone has the Sprint sim card in it..that its turned on...and that its connected to wifi in order for it to receive the code it needs to be unlocked.

more than likely some of these were not in place when it was originally getting unlocked which is why it shows as unlocked on Sprints side but not on the devices side.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

@fireguy_6364 wrote:

once the agent starts getting all of this taken care of make absolute sure the phone has the Sprint sim card in it..that its turned on...and that its connected to wifi in order for it to receive the code it needs to be unlocked.

more than likely some of these were not in place when it was originally getting unlocked which is why it shows as unlocked on Sprints side but not on the devices side.

ItsI actually because of your other posts about exactly this that has led me to believe this is the problem, and even to ask my friend about it. So, thank you very much Smiley Happy ...and, just so you know, I have all of those prerequisites ready and raring to go Smiley Happy

GrandMaster

booyah..main reason i have posted that same thing in so many places..if someone searches on the site the odds of them running into one of those posts are much higher..

oddly enough that is one of the main reasons people run into this..especially if its showing as unlocked on Sprints side..there was a communication issue between the device and Sprint and those three things i posted are usually the culprit.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat