Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G6 unlocked with invalid sim

Go to solution
GrandMaster

Re: LG G6 unlocked with invalid sim

it will also need a Sprint sim card in it

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

The device has a Sprint SIM card
Journeyman

Hi,

I have a similar problem with my LG G6.  My device is paid off and I requested the device to be unlocked.  After multiple phone calls with Sprint customer service, they were able to start the unlock process.  After about four days, I received an email from Sprint customer service indicating that my device was unlocked.  I removed the current SIM card and replaced it with a GSM carrier SIM (knowing the G6 has the necessary GSM & LTE bands installed within the antenna).  With the GSM SIM inserted, the G6 indicates invalid SIM was inserted and does not allow access to the GSM SIM network even though the cellular signal bars indicate that I have a strong signal.  A pop-up even appears indicating that the SIM tray must be inserted fully and to ensure the tray is not installed upside down (which is not feasible on the G6).  The GSM SIM card works in another phone, so I know the GSM SIM card is functional.  It seems that my G6 is still not fully unlocked (I have even tried a factory reset) as it will only take a Sprint SIM card.  Please help.

GrandMaster

sprint sim card was in it..but was it turned on and connected to wifi (unless it was still on an active line then regular mobile data would work)?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Hi there. Sounds like you're having some issues, lets work together to figure this out. I'm going to private message you so I can get some additional info.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

im having the same problem unlock (supposedly) invalid sim with more than 6 calls many visits to the stores all the time answers all the same its unlocked but it wont read the sim card i hope that someone here is willing to help this time
thank you all in advance
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

I'm happy to help with the phone. I'm sending you a private message for some more info.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I have the same issue with my phone, it was unlocked, but after I did wipe data/factory from the recovery (cause phone was stuck on unblocking after I entered my pass-code) I have now «invalid sim» message...
Wizard

Good morning. I would be happy to see what's going on. Go ahead and follow the tips in the link SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks I'm sending you a PM now.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Hello,

I am having the same issue, got "Invalid SIM" with new sim card after unlocked by Sprint, could anyone please help?

Much appreciated!

Journeyman

Hi I called sprint before traveling asking for my LG G6 to be unlocked 24 hrs later i called them again to check the status of my phone and they said it was unlocked this was on the Dec 5th on the 8th of dec is when i finally got the email about my phone being unlocked but before then on Dec 7th i tried putting in a different sim but it was read as invalid sim then i called sprint to make sure it was unlocked and they gave me a code to factory reset my phone i tried that code several times first with my international sim in then with out the sim then with my sprint sim and and then once again with my international sim but still i got the same thing invalid sim and even when i turned on my roaming it still said my roaming off pls tell me what to do from here i am currently aboard pls reply asap

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hello there anagoc, we'd like to take a closer look into this. I have replied to your Private Message, please check your inbox.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat