cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G7 ThinQ Android 9 update ETA

Highlighted
Journeyman

LG G7 ThinQ Android 9 update ETA

Hi, I know this question has been asked before, but is there any news on the ETA for Android 9 for the LG G7? I am really looking forward to the update for its gesture navigation. Any answers will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hi randomguy ! I'd like to let you know that the latest software update released for this device model is G710P19a and it was released couple of days ago. Is your device's software up to date? 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Hi @Sprint_Ciara,

Thanks for your reply. I did receive the update a few days ago and am currently the software version that you mentioned. However, the Android version is still 8.0.0. Please let me know if this is anomaly.

Thanks.

Highlighted

*currently on the

Highlighted

What's the version you currently have? Is it G710P19a? 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Yes, my current software version is G710P19a. I have attached a screenshot of the software info page for your reference. 

Screenshot_2019-12-22-13-20-15.png

Highlighted

That's the latest software version. If you already have it, that means your device is up to date. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Oh, I see. I wanted to ask if there is any information on when Android Pie would arrive for the phone, as it has certain features that are not available in the current version. Most other carriers got the update months ago, so I was wondering if it would be arriving on Sprint anytime soon.

Highlighted

Hey Thanks fro reaching out. Update are launched by the manufactures of the device and are no usually announce when the update will be available. The Current Software Version: G710PM15a. This last update was rolled out on 5/7/19.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Gotcha. Thank you @Sprint_Juan and @Sprint_Ciara. Happy holidays!

Highlighted

Capture+_2020-01-13-23-45-08.png

 Hi Juan, please note the preceding chart.

Android 9 has been on the g7 thin q on competing carriers for half a year now while sprint has yet to release it.

The issue is not with the manufacturer.

Highlighted

The issue is that a sprint version with all their extra goodies ( bloat ware)needs to be made by sprint

.  In the past sprint has said that their work on top of the manufactures were causing delays.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat